• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Text Tool does not work since updating Photoshop today.

Community Beginner ,
Sep 25, 2020 Sep 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since the recent update (today) I am unable to use my Text Tool. I am getting this message. "Cold not complete your request because of a program error." Did not have this message until I updated today. I have uninstalled Photoshop, and reinstalled and have restarted my computer several times and I still get the message. I use this extensively during the day and it is a hastle to use Illustrator to do my lettering just adds time to my work. Please, could you tell me why this is happening???  Lana

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Oct 03, 2020 Oct 03, 2020

Jane, thank you, but I tried what you mentioned before I even posted this question. Resetting Preferences did not help. Resetting anything did not help. Reinstalling the software did not help. I finally had to call into support and a very nice person had to reset Photoshop as he could not fix it either. I do not know what he did, but it is fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Sep 26, 2020 Sep 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try resetting preferences by going to Preferences > General > Reset Preferences on Quit. This is not the same as uninstall / reinstall.

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 03, 2020 Oct 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jane, thank you, but I tried what you mentioned before I even posted this question. Resetting Preferences did not help. Resetting anything did not help. Reinstalling the software did not help. I finally had to call into support and a very nice person had to reset Photoshop as he could not fix it either. I do not know what he did, but it is fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 25, 2021 Aug 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Try to deactivate all active fonts in Creative Cloud Desktop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines