• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

The clone tool is jammed, doesn´t work

New Here ,
Dec 25, 2022 Dec 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My clone tool is jammed despite starting the program several times. Does anyone know how I can repair this.

Thankful for help,

Klaus Carlander

[Moderator: personal information deleted]

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Dec 26, 2022 Dec 26, 2022

Thank you for your swift answer. Quite right, it was an user error.
I’m glad and pleased to get your help although it wasn’t needed in this
case. I know I can get help another time when it is really needed.

Merry Christmas,
Klaus Carlander.
[edited by moderator]

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 26, 2022 Dec 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Klaus2770053001fg sorry to hear this.

Let's make sure we're in a default state and there are no stale settings somewhere: 

Restore your preferences using this manual method:  

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html#Manually 

Does it work correctly? 

If that doesn't solve it, you can quit Photoshop and put the Settings folder back. 

It may help if we could see your Photoshop System Info. Launch Photoshop, and select Help >System Info...and copy/paste the text in a reply.  

Thank you,

Cory

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cory I'm always intrigued by Adobe guidance to "restore your preferences" because as an experienced user, I'd rather have a filling without novicaine than lose by carefully created Photoshop setup. What is it you mean by preferences? I used your link, which explains nothing and actually has zero real guidance. Your post explains little. Perhaps you could educate me what you mean by "restore your preferences?" If you mean reset to ADOBE'S (not your) defaults, and if that wipes out various customizatoins, that is not a good thing of course. You must means something more subtle? Right?

When a person has a simple tool problem (which I never do) they need very specific guidance, not a flash reply and ref to what appears to be a useless help page that, while it earns you the merit points they give out here, does nothing for that confused learner.

And so, what is it about preferences that you think could cause the problem experienced by Klaus Carlander? You don't even ask the obvious: what is meant by "my clone tool is jammed?" He doesn't use a question mark to end a question, the problem is most likely simple user error like using wrong tool.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suspect you are using the wrong tool, or have some other simple user error going on that everyone experiences if they are a new user. If you are an experienced user you could have a cloning specific tool adjustment on (like mirroring) and need to turn it off. However your report, "my clone tool is jammed" is not good enough to even begin to think about what's up and try to help you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your swift answer. Quite right, it was an user error.
I’m glad and pleased to get your help although it wasn’t needed in this
case. I know I can get help another time when it is really needed.

Merry Christmas,
Klaus Carlander.
[edited by moderator]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Klaus, I've been using Photoshop for 25 years, and everything I know I learned from training videos, Youtube channels, and repeat experience of many hundreds of hours.

I have posted perhaps 50 problems here, and had perhaps 2 answers that worked. This forum is not the place to go for beginner help. The Adobe characters who answer questions here constantly refer people to dubious help pages, they do not read the questions, and they do not write clearly. They get points for volume of answers.

So I suggest that when you have a problem, just do a search for the Adobe help pages yourself with Google. In the meantime go through Youtube and do tutorials, find 3-5 Photoshop trainers with huge subcriber bases, and look in their libraries for beginner training. And don't post your address & phone number on your inquires!

So, look to Youtube for endless training + find Adobe help pages via Google. Ignore this forum unless you, like me, really know a specific question. Because it's a huge waste of you time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines