• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

The colors change when I export

New Here ,
Sep 04, 2021 Sep 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm in dire need of help. It's the first time I've encountered this dilemma, I've been using ps for a while now and I never had any problems when exporting my works, until now. I've created a gradient and played around with it using the hue/saturation until it looked like this. But when I save it, it looks completely different. I've already searched for solutions on YT and even here, none of them worked. pls, help me 😞

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Export color management is currently broken and the preview not correct. It's been reported as a bug.

Use Save For Web for now.

• check "Convert to sRGB"
  • check "Embed Color Profile"
  • set preview to "Use Document Profile"

Then everything will be correct and it will match Photoshop.

Just so we're clear: Export is for web/screen/mobile devices. If this is for something else, don't Export, but Save As.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it still wasn't the same but the colors were better compared to when I exported it the last time. the right part of the 1st photo is when I saved it using your instructions on the 2nd photo.Screenshot (678).pngScreenshot (679).png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 05, 2021 Sep 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I see you're comparing with Windows "Photos". You can't do that. Windows "Photos" does not support color management at all, and it ignores both the document profile and your monitor profile.

In short, "Photos" is wrong and it will always be wrong under any circumstances. Ignore it.

As long as your monitor profile is valid, you can always trust Photoshop to display the file correctly. That's always the reference. A valid monitor profile is one that describes your monitor's actual and current response correctly. A calibrator is the standard tool for this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines