• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

The Enter key is not mapped to the highlighted Export button.

Community Expert ,
Mar 17, 2023 Mar 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A user could not understand why the blue Export button in the File > Export As... dialog was not mapped to the Enter key which was his choice over using the mouse.

I found out that to get that button to work with the Enter key, the user would have to use the Tab key to get to it.

See what I did here to get that button to respond to "Enter"

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem-discussions/export-button-not-mapped-to-enter-key...

This is MacOS 12.6.3 and Photoshop 24.2.0

Other Photoshop settings dialogs have the Save or OK key highlighted and tied to the Enter key.

The Export button does not and it seems like it should be.

Jeff Arola reports that checkmarking Legacy Export in Export Preferences does restore the Enter key to Export, but M1/M2 users will need to use Rosetta.

Gene--

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Mar 18, 2023 Mar 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's the same on Windows, I normally have Legacy Export enabled by default, but just tested without it enabled and the Enter key doesn't work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 18, 2023 Mar 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Ged.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines