• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

The new shortcuts and interface are awful

Community Beginner ,
Feb 09, 2023 Feb 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The new ps shortcuts, interfaces and brushes are just awful. In past it just works fine the newer versions changes all the shortcuts and interface which is totally lame, all the ps users in the world are required to adapt to this dumb interface. Its just super clumpsy and annoying, why would someone want to save to cloud instead of their own pc? it's just stupid to extreme. The past save as works just fine why do you guys have to change it? The new functions are literally next to useless yet it keeps charging everyone for expensive subscription fees. Why am I picking a brush and it changes to smudge tool? what kind of dumb design is that? everytime I need to change it back its just super annoying. Can you guys do us a favour and stop making photoshop continue to suck, making useless changes everyone hates to use. thank you.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Feb 10, 2023 Feb 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey,

Sorry to hear your having trouble with the new shortcuts. Do you have specific feature request?

Sim

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I understand that we are beings used by habits...

but, let me help you give some hints to the reasons of said changes...

The only main shortcut change I can think of is Ctrl+F for the help/discover panel. You can easily change that in the keyboard shortcuts editor, at the end of the Edit menu.

I've seen quite a few users be puzzled as they did not notice the tool icon in the thousand of free Kyle Brushes, that help you achieve natural media effects via several tools.

I agree that the Ctrl+alt (or is it Ctrl+ Shift? I'm away from computer right now) click on the tool to load the tip only is obscure.

An useful addition might be a checkmark in the brushes panel similar to the tools preset, to disclose only brushes for the current tool.

I hope this helps. I recommend also to watch the Adobe Blogs, and visothe what's new pages: 

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/whats-new.html

The Ps team often defaults new tools and workflows for visibility/discoverability, hence the default save to PSDC in the cloud, with its advantages such as versioning, comments, availability in other platforms...

Did you upgrade from a very old version, most of these changes happened in several versions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@jin28344705fkh0 have you checked these options in preferences

image1.pngimage2.png

Disable this option if it's enabled

image3.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 13, 2023 Feb 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you all but ya i already know this, some of them area revertable
but as default it shouldnt be set like this, and the shortcut/brush stills sucks, so is the snap.
snap is always a problem with ps for long the shortcut is clumpsy and when you control transform sth it auto snaps to sth automatically.  you have to manually click away everytime.

The next thing i would like to point out is the path tool, which is also rather clumpsy for generations.  I am a 3ds max user as well its spline tool works a lot better than the path tool in ps, it's a whole lot faster and easier to control. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At this point, you've got all the help the volunteers can provide, and your next step is:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem-ideas/how-do-i-write-a-feature-request/idi-p/1238...

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What do you mean by the "shortcut /brush?"

Shift+Control+; disables snapping...

What I do not like in snap is that it is disabled when you are doing the only scaling one should use for pictures, that is the proportional one, which is beyond me!

As @TheDigitalDog suggested, I made it as a feature request: https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem-bugs/p-snap-does-not-work-when-resizing-proportio...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The next thing i would like to point out is the path tool, which is also rather clumpsy for generations.  I am a 3ds max user as well its spline tool works a lot better than the path tool in ps, it's a whole lot faster and easier to control. 

By @jin28344705fkh0

Have you tried the Curvature Pen tool? (It’s grouped with the Pen tool.) I don’t know 3DS Max so I’m not sure if it’s exactly what you’re looking for, but the Curvature Pen tool was created specifically as an alternative to the Pen tool, even if no one talks about it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

»Why am I picking a brush and it changes to smudge tool?«

Because someone created the Brush exactly for that Tool. Their choice, not Adobe’s. 

If the shortcut is too difficult you can select the Brush and create it anew without »Include Brush Settings«. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 19, 2023 Feb 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's great to include new brushes, but it's lame when it changes your tool to another one when you chooses it.  If a the brush is not intended for that tool it simply shouldn't be shown on the palette, it's kind of retard showing all the brushes that cannot be used and finding the ones that can, then bouncing to another tool when you choose the "wrong" brush is just stupid.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From Adobe (community forums):

"Currently, the community on community.adobe.com is used as a destination for customers to ask questions and engage in peer-to-peer conversations. IOW, this is a user-to-user support forum. The Adobe Support Community is a place to ask questions, find answers, learn from experts, and share your knowledge. Because we are a community used by people of all ages, cultures, and people at work, we carefully moderate its content".

If you have problems or need answers from other users who volunteer their time to help, do so in a discussion topic and message body, whereby you post specifics (what's the problem or issue, or the question) and provide some information about your operating system, version of the software you're asking about and steps to illustrate your problem.

If you want Adobe to be viewing what you post, there are two ways based on what you are hoping to report:

If you wish to report what you believe is a bug, you do so by following these guidelines:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem-bugs/how-do-i-write-a-bug-report/idi-p/12373403

If you wish to provide a feature request, you do so by following these guidelines (then make a request in the product forum):

https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic-ideas/how-do-i-write-a-feature-request/idi-p/123863...

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If a the brush is not intended for that tool it simply shouldn't be shown on the palette, it's kind of retard showing all the brushes that cannot be used and finding the ones that can, then bouncing to another tool when you choose the "wrong" brush is just stupid.  

If a Brush was created for one specific tool then one can still use it for another tool.  

And aside from that: The point is that one can select a Brush and the connected Tool in one click, no matter the currently selected Tool. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@jin28344705fkh0 

You have two options:

• Learn how Photoshop behaves and learn how to change settings. Photoshop includes "legacy" options going back to at least CS3 for many features. We are happy to help, but it's best to put each request in it's own thread so we can provide better assistance.
  • Use an earlier version of Photoshop CC with your paid subscription.

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Of course everyone can learn and adapt the new changes, and I know how to work with them but what I'm saying the new changes for shortcuts and interface are clumpsy and basically sucks by all means.  The old shortcuts were much better in all sense, except for snap.   The snap basically just doesnt snap when you want to and snaps when you dont want for decades, and the shortcut is so far away is almost unreachable.   The transform is now forces a uniform transform which again is very much annoying, the old non uniform is way better and friendly. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The old shortcuts were much better in all sense, except for snap.   The transform is now forces a uniform transform which again is very much annoying, the old non uniform is way better and friendly. 

By @jin28344705fkh0

1. To return to the legacy shortcuts for Channels, go to Window > Workspaces > Keyboard Shortcuts & Menus > “Use Legacy Channel Shortcuts”.
    • Command + ~ (Mac) | Control + ~ (Win) displays the Composite Channel
    • Command + 1 (Mac) | Control + 3 (Win) displays the first channel of the document

2. To return to the legacy Transform, first use Ctrl+T, then look in the options bar for the link icon in between the width and height. If it is enabled, the controls work together. If it is disabled, they work independently (legacy). You can also make the change in Preferences.

I adapted quickly to both of these updates and like them better, but Adobe gives us a choice in a lot of cases. You can set it up the way that works for you.

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Of course everyone can learn and adapt the new changes, and I know how to work with them but what I'm saying the new changes for shortcuts and interface are clumpsy and basically sucks by all means.  The old shortcuts were much better in all sense...

By @jin28344705fkh0

File a feature request! "We" can't help you further. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you everyone for your help, very much appreciated.  I'm only here to express the opinion more than needing for help as there's no feedback button for ps so I posted it here, I thank you all anyways for your opinions and feedbacks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines