• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

The ‘Photoshop could not save as "yourfilename.psd" because of a program error.’

Explorer ,
Apr 11, 2022 Apr 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please someone help.  I pay a great deal of money monthly to have multiple Adobe Creative Suite Packages.  I continually have the following problem when saving a file as PDF when the original file is PSB as it is a large file for a photo I am working on.

I have followed every step as per the following Adobe help and nothing works. https://helpx.adobe.com/au/photoshop/kb/program-error-opening-psd.html?trackingid=C12Y2WS7&mv=in-pro...

It is not my computer as my system is custom designed for the highest quality video/editing work.

Please help.

I am using the Adobe 23.2.2

Windows 11

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is size of file you are trying to save as PSD? PSD file size is limited to 2GB I believe. Try to save in some other folder or lastly try with preference reset what is general advice for all things weird in Photoshop Preferences in Photoshop (adobe.com)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The file size is 8.4GB, however I am not trying to save it as a PSD.  The file has been saved as a PSB because it is a large file.  However the printers would like the file saved as a PDF and every time I choose this option from the SAVE AS dropdown box, I get the error as mentioned.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well I don't have experience with files of that size, but I've had that error message before. Sometimes it works to save it in a different location, then move it back where you want it, or change the filename sightly, like just adding a "2" to it or sometning.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Leslie.  As a long time user of Adobe software, this is always one technique I would use since the beginning of time.  Unfortunately and regrettably even this does not work.

I can only hope someone from Adobe Tech Support can see our posts and offer some real-time help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 19, 2022 Apr 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello, can anyone from ADOBE Tech Team please provide assistance.  I received an email today asking me if some the comments herein helped and while they were very helpful, regrettably they did not resolve the situation.  I need help and assistance please.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines