The program keeps lagging or just stops working altogether

New Here ,
Nov 10, 2021 Nov 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has anyone else had this issue?  I open up photoshop and it works for al little while. But after a few minutes it'll start to lag, my strokes when I draw won't show up and when I zoom in or out of the image the image will glitch a bit and all the options at the top ("File" "Image" "Edit" etc) vanish entirely. I can close the file completely, and then when I click to open it up again, sometimes it loads, all the brush strokes catching up without a problem, but it lags again shortly after and the same thing happens. But this time when I try to save and close it, I can't. I can't even close it to see my desktop. I can't minimize. I can't click on anything. It reads as though it's closed, but it is not. I have to reset my laptop to get it to load again and then just rinse and repeat the cycle. I have even made sure I had closed anything running in the background and nothing changes.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 10, 2021 Nov 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Similar issues here. When I open and image, the image loads, but the desktop all around the image is the previous screen, as if the window didn't repaint except where the image is. All functions a sluggish. A related example is when using the clone stamp tool, it doesn't appear to be working, but then if I minimize photoshop and then bring it back up, the cloning changes are there.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 11, 2021 Nov 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Go to Preferences > Technology Previews... and check "Disable Native Canvas" - then restart Photoshop. Does the problem still occur?

If that doesn't solve it, go to Preferences > Performance... and uncheck Use Graphics Processor. Restart Photoshop. Does the problem persist?

Senior Product Manager - Customer Advocacy - Digital Imaging

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines