• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

The same hex codes are showing different colours from Illustrator and InDesign to Photoshop

New Here ,
Dec 19, 2022 Dec 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I am designing a brand identity and using Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign for various parts of the project.

I am working in SRGB across the board. I'm on a Mac and have syncronised my colour profiles through Adobe Bridge (please see screenshot). I'm running the latest version of all the mentioned apps. 

To boil this down to the simplest way to showcase my issue. The two main brand colours are appearing the same in Illustrator, InDesign and Figma when using the same hex codes. In Photoshop however, I am getting a different representation of the colours. 

I'd be very grateful if anyone has any advice. My colleague appears to have the same issue and is also using SRGB for all apps.

I have attached a screengrab of the Photoshop and Illustrator windows side-by-side for comparison and you can see the colour profiles are the same at the base of each window. The very dark green/blue is slightly off and the sand/copper colour is shown as much more orange in the Photoshop file.

Needless to say I've been banging my head against the wall with this one as I've never encountered it before and I'm stumped.  

Thanks in advance,

Tom

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Dec 19, 2022 Dec 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Your screenshot is untagged. It would help with a color managed screenshot (assign monitor profile > convert to sRGB).

EDIT: oops, sorry, my bad. The display profile is indeed embedded, so then it's only converting to sRGB. When I do that, the Photoshop version is the correct one. It's Illustrator that is off, so check all your Ai settings again.

(BTW color settings aren't important. That's just fallback defaults. What matters is the embedded profile - but yes, sRGB seems to be correctly embedded in both).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines