• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

There isn't enough room to display this document error code

Explorer ,
Jan 26, 2018 Jan 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem and another person as I also just finished installing the Jan 23 Photoshop CC update, reopened the program, and attempted to open a simple JPG file.  I rec'd the error message:  "There isn't enough room to display this document."   What's that supposed to mean?  Then I tried to create a new document and rec'd this message:  "Could not create a new document.  There isn't enough room to display this document."     My system runs Windows 10, has 64GB of RAM, 2T hard drives with adequate space for scratch disks.  I tried restarting my computer but no change.  I uninstalled and reinstalled photoshop cc 2018 and it worked correctly opening one image and then reverted to the same problem. The response to the previous person suggested going to Documents and Settings to change a DAT file, however, in Windows 10 PRO there is no access to this file and Microsoft advised there is no longer this specific file available.  Please help....  Thanks

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 15, 2018 May 15, 2018

Hi All,

This issue should be fixed in the Photoshop CC 2018 (19.1.4) release which is now available. Checkout the list of fixed issues here: Fixed issues in Adobe Photoshop CC

Please update Photoshop CC 2018 via the Creative Cloud desktop app and let us know if you continue to have any trouble.

Update Creative Cloud apps

Regards,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Beginner ,
Jun 04, 2020 Jun 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, forgot to mention, running on Windows 10.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 14, 2018 Mar 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In addition to JJMacks method I copied the Old Adobe Photoshop CC 2018 Settings folder into the fresh CC 2018 and got back my previous workspace, etc., with the error gone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 14, 2018 Mar 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You don't have to do it. Better read 'reason' why it happens in reply 30 of this theard.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 16, 2018 Mar 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I run a Mac and get this message too:  "Could not complete your request There isn't enough room to display this document."

What do I do? I have work to do and can't open any photoshop files without getting this message. None of the ideas shown for windows version helps me at all!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Running on my Mac, On a guess, I undocked the tools panel and let it float on the upper left corner. After that, I was able to access my files without any window error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you'd like Adobe to be aware many of us experiencing it post this problem (undocked Tools bar) also on their Photoshop bugs website: Photoshop: There isn't enough room to display this document | Photoshop Family Customer Community.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But it seems noone beside me really cares of this bug as far as users are fine working with docked Tools bar not like me!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would not agree that no one cares it does not matter.  Only Adobe can fix the problems in Photoshop.  They fix many reported bugs not all reported bugs. Some bugs Adobe chooses not to fix.  The main reason good users like Paul left here is Adobe management does not seem to care to have all bugs fixed it is frustrating for sure.  That is a relatively new bug they may fix it.  There are bug in Photoshop that seem to have been in it forever that are not being fixed very frustrating.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 28, 2018 Mar 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has just happened to me today. Updated to latest version of PhotoShop 10 days ago (PC). With looming deadlines I see no other option than to go back to an older version?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 28, 2018 Mar 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did not you read anything more than first post of this topic? You already got reason of this bug in reply No. 30 of this theard.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 04, 2018 Apr 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This issue will be fixed in the next Photoshop update to go out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 04, 2018 Apr 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you let Pete.Green​​ know to read that reply Re: Files opened at 3%​. It seems he set Mohit Goyal announcement as correct answer, but as I explained that topic - he did that in - is not related to bug there was fixed in 19.1.3 v. I am asking as I assume he logs in to this forum very rarely while you probably got contact to him. If that won't be changed then proposed solution is going to mislead other users looking for correct solution. THX!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 10, 2018 Apr 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To Jeffery Tranberry:  This issue will be fixed in the next Photoshop update to go out.

Re: There isn't enough room to display..."

Ran the latest update, April 10th.  No improvement.

Starting from the "Correct answer", which DID NOT work.  I did find a file in explorer with ,old with modification date 10 April. Not sure what THAT means since the older file is still there.

However, I just solved this problem by switching to Photography work space, after trying (with more than a little trepidation, frustration, and irritation - I PAY Adobe for software, and ????)  Fairly painless work around, especially since I then switched back to essentials and voila, images open.  (no other software open at time, Windows 10 operation, Photoshop 2018)

So, WHICH update will fix this???  Date expected?  This is NOT the first time I have run into this problem, and would really like not to waste time again solving it. 

KateQ

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 10, 2018 Apr 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are already third person in short time that is mislead by that 'correct' answer that is NOT a correct answer, but a general one that can be temporary remedy for some other Photoshop problems as well when nothing else works. Some moderator should change that to answer of me in reply No. 30, but it seems noone cares and still I'm coming here back to explain users got entered into mistake. You may also read whole disscusion only on this second page of this theard to see my attempts to show they are wrong, but even then some of them try to prove that correct answer is good for one (though like you noticed it isn't when do it more than once)

Next update it has to be fixed in will be probably 19.1.4, now the only thing you can do if you doesn't like default workspaces is to use solution you find in my posts...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 27, 2018 Apr 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue and tried all of the suggestions and nothing has worked.

HELP:)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Probably you missed reply No. 30 of this theard.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi William,

Thanks for all of the feedback that helped diagnose this problem. It will be resolved in the next update to Photoshop. Someone will post to this thread when that update becomes available.

Thanks!

Hannah

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 08, 2018 May 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there any ETA on when that update will be available? This is an extremely frustrating bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 09, 2018 May 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only thing we could do yestarday was to start jokng: Re: There isn't enough room to display this document => bug !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This insane issue just started again (5/9/2018) after working properly since late March since I last had the issue. I have the latest update and it clearly hasn't been resolved! I have professional responsibilities and deadlines that must be met that I can't address now because of this wildly frustrating issue! I'm re-installing an older version with the hopes that that fixes it at least temporally. Please give some guidance here rather than this will be addressed with the next update!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It didn't start again to happen itself. You simply moved your ToolBar to other locaction what causes this bug (reply No. 30).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 15, 2018 May 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

This issue should be fixed in the Photoshop CC 2018 (19.1.4) release which is now available. Checkout the list of fixed issues here: Fixed issues in Adobe Photoshop CC

Please update Photoshop CC 2018 via the Creative Cloud desktop app and let us know if you continue to have any trouble.

Update Creative Cloud apps

Regards,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 15, 2018 May 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After 3 months if finally works again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 29, 2018 Aug 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I never had this problem, but here we are at 19.1.6 and I have this problem. I get this error if the PS window is maximized. If I open anything with PS not maximized then it will open.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 29, 2018 Aug 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It doesn't happen for me anymore (also in 19.1.6), but maybe you have moved Options Bar to other location that is causing the same bug. I found it after they fixed a bug because of other location of Tools Bar in workspace, but noone incuding me reported it happens still when you undock 'Options Bar' and move it somewhere else. It not only opens / creates new tiny images but in extreme case also "There isn't enough room to display this document".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines