Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

ThinkBook Plus Gen 3 for Photoshop?

Engaged ,
Aug 24, 2022 Aug 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hope it's okay to ask here about specific computers for Photoshop editing😌

I'm considering this oddball laptop for mobile Photoshop work. Is anyone in this community using one of these for Photoshop?  I'm curious how the 8 inch second touchscreen integrates into Photoshop. Can it be used either as a place to put your tools or to do some touchscreen editing to the image? Sorry, I'm a little out of my element in understanding using touchscreens in Photoshop. My need is to be able to spot and colorize images and working with a pen on the screen vs with a mouse just seems to be much more intuitive but I've never tried it.

In Canadian Dollars this seems to be a bargain given the specs of the computer...

https://www.lenovo.com/ca/en/p/laptops/thinkbook/thinkbook-series/thinkbook-plus-gen-3-(17-inch-inte...

Specs...

• Processor

12th Generation Intel® Core™ i7-12700H Processor (E-Core Max 3.50 GHz, P-Core Max 4.70 GHz with Turbo Boost, 14 Cores, 20 Threads, 24 MB Cache)

• Operating System

Windows 11 Pro 64

• Graphics

Integrated Intel® Iris® Xe Graphics

• Memory

32 GB LPDDR5 4800MHz (Soldered)

• Storage

1 TB PCIe SSD Gen 4

• Display

17.3" 3K (3072 x 1440) IPS, anti-glare, touchscreen with Dolby Vision™, 400 nits + 8.0” HD (800 x 1280) IPS, glossy, anti-fingerprint, touchscreen, 350 nits

• Camera

IR & 1080p FHD

• Pen

Lenovo Integrated Pen

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@ultrachrome wrote:

I'm considering this oddball laptop for mobile Photoshop work.

To clarify, when you say "mobile Photoshop", do you mean Photoshop for Web (beta)? If so, we can move your post to that forum.

Here are the system requirements and FAQs for PS for Web (beta):

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello...thanks but I mean I have my normal work station but then I would like to have a secondary station that I can take with me if I'm not at the office. Maybe the better word would be portable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your license terms allow you to have Photoshop installed on two computers for one user, and use one at a time, so you can install PS on a laptop and sign in with your Adobe ID and PW as long as the computer meets the system requirements.

It's best for the computer to meet or exceed the requirements in the "recommended" column, not the "minimum" column.

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/system-requirements.html

Click each of the links for GPU, scratch disk, et cetera.

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not really what I was asking. I know agout how the licences work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@ultrachrome wrote:

Maybe the better word would be portable.

@ultrachrome wrote:

Not really what I was asking. I know agout how the licences work.

I apologize, but I was trying to give you the benefit of the doubt, because I thought you didn't know what you were saying when you used the word "portable". I won't post any links, but "Portable Photoshop" means "Pirated Photoshop". Your choice of a "better word" put me on alert even though I was pretty sure it didn't apply to you. I'm sorry if I offended.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Aug 26, 2022 Aug 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

haha...I'll admit I felt a little bit "patrolled" but all is good. Thanks for the thoughts. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 26, 2022 Aug 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I never used touch screen monitor to do work in Photoshop but I spoted weak spot. Integrated graphic card may not last as long as you expect. I tried Ryzen 5 5600G using integrated graphic and it works fine, after putting nVidia 2060 I can not tell real world difference at least in the first few hours. Hovewer, integrated cards tends to be weaker and to last shorter amount of time, beware of that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines