Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Tiffen Smoque Filter plugin?

Engaged ,
May 25, 2023 May 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm looking for a filter plugin that comes close to replicating the Tiffen Smoque effect. I know Tiffen used to produce a plug-in library of over 2,000 filter effects but I think they discontinued it.

I used to use Nik when it was free and may purchase it once more but I'm not sure that covers lens effects.

Any alternatives to the original Tiffen plugin people could recommend?

TIA

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You don't need any filters. A smoky lens can just as easily be bashed together using three layers with blending modes - base, filter absorption, Gamma to simulate scattered light. and you may need some radila feathered masks/ vignettes, of course.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Creating my own was the fall-back if I didn't have any luck with an off-the-shelf solution. I shall explore this further as it would be nice to have my own customised effect. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AFAIK, the DFT / Tiffen plugin was taken over and expanded by Boris FX Optics, which may not be a fun purchase.

https://borisfx.com/products/optics/

OTOH, there sure is a TON of stuff in it, and it still kinda looks like the DFT plugin I once played with.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the info and link. The cost is a little on the pricey side, especially compared to the original Tiffen plugin. Compared to other plugins, not so much. Guess it depends how much I plan to use it, which was really just to tinker! I might download the free trial. Cheers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines