• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Timeline in Photoshop

Community Beginner ,
May 31, 2021 May 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Timeline does not work in Photoshop and when it does, it chooses the wrong item in Layers.  

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try resetting the Photoshop preferences.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 08, 2021 Jun 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I called Adobe.  They reset the preference, then they changed Photoshop to a previous version. 

My instructor sent a YouTube video to assist with the issue.  I think the issue has been resolved enough for me complete my project.

Thank you.

Porchia

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you post some screenshot with more details if above suggestion does not help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which version of Photoshop and OS?

You can reset the Photoshop preferences under the General tab in Photoshop preferences.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 01, 2021 Jun 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

'....it chooses the wrong item in Layers'

The timeline does not 'choose' anything. You choose what layers go on the timeline, and in a frame animation what layers are displayed in each frame.

Please show a screenshot of your issue and confirm also what version of Photoshop and on what system you are running it.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dave,

I contacted Adobe, they said there was a problem with my workflow so they are sending me a link to a video for the Timeline Panel.  In the meantime, I have attached the screenshot.

The video I used for learning Timeline was an Adobe video. Maybe it was not updated.

Thanks Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using the newest version CC 22.4 but the Adobe representative used an older version as well and it still did not work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It might be worth you studying a LinkedIn Learning video tutorial on the Photoshop timeline (you can get 30-days free access):

https://www.linkedin.com/learning/photoshop-editing-video-and-creating-slideshows-2/an-overview-of-t...

(By the way, I suppose you know there two quite different modes to choose from when working on the Photoshop timeline – the Frame Mode and the Video Timeline Mode and they have two quite distinctive uses.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you actually clicked the button? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same question as c.pfaffenbichler.

You say you selected Frame animation - did you then click on the big button labelled "Frame Animation"

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines