• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

to make shadow of the car . I used ctrl+T on new layer and selected vertical but it's not working

Contributor ,
Oct 28, 2022 Oct 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hello,

I want to make vertical image of the car to make shadow of the car .(2 cars one is horizontal the other vertical)

first I selected the car and made a copy of it . then  I used ctrl+T on the copy layer and  I choose vertical to make second image of the car but I get only the vertical one not the horizontal .the horizintal disappears.

how I can solve this problem?

thanksSchermopname (14).png

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 3 Correct answers

Community Expert , Oct 28, 2022 Oct 28, 2022

Hi, Yes, that's what I guessed, but wanted to make sure.

I would select the car, jump a copy, then use Edit>Perspective warp.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Nov 06, 2022 Nov 06, 2022

You can learn more on the topic of clipping masks here: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop-elements/using/clipping-masks.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
Contributor , Nov 06, 2022 Nov 06, 2022

dank u wel

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Gooie dag!

I do not understand what you mean by the two cars. Do you mean a front view and a side view that you would individually distort to simulate a shadow?

I see a background, hidden, a smart object on top with the city,  then an empty layer, hidden, and copy of the car with a mask.

Basically, layers are like transparent sheets on which you can paint. If there is one on top, it hides what is below.

To reveal what is hidden, one can use a layer mask as you did on the achtergrond Kopie. Hide shows, black hides.

Did you try to create a new-empty- layer, then ctrl+t? It would not work, as there would be nothing to transform.

You'd need to "jump" a selected area, with CTRL+J, then Transform it, or to drag a layer on the new layer icon, to copy it, then transform and mask it.

I notice also that the car's photo has been taken indoors, you do see the lights reflexion. You might want to clone/patch them out using a "darken" blending mode.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah, I see that you are the same person that asked about the shadows... Do you want to merge the discussions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think he wants to create a mirrored reflection on the ground. 

@johannes999 : there are tutorials on the web. Not easy to create a physically correct reflection.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Yes, that's what I guessed, but wanted to make sure.

I would select the car, jump a copy, then use Edit>Perspective warp.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks every one,

I did it .  but there is one problem I can not work the levels on the first car and the second car s pecifically

I select for example the first car layer to work levels on it  but it is selecting  all the image .

what am I doing wrong?

Schermopname (15).png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I looked also to this video of you it is looking the same but it is more specific for shadow.

https://photoshopcafe.com/how-to-make-very-realistic-shadows-in-photoshop/

thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 05, 2022 Nov 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!
Alt+click the line between the levels adjustment layer and the layer you want to restrict it to.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Nov 05, 2022 Nov 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 06, 2022 Nov 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can learn more on the topic of clipping masks here: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop-elements/using/clipping-masks.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Nov 06, 2022 Nov 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

dank u wel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines