• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Today in Photoshop opening the plugin Luminar 4 is taking up to four minutes to open.

Community Beginner ,
May 24, 2022 May 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Today in Photoshop opening the plugin Luminar 4 is taking up to four minutes to open. Yesterday and previously Luminar 4 would take 10 t0 20 seconds to open. Has Photoshop update created this issue?

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
May 26, 2022 May 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Two things - 1. make sure you are not running auto updates on Photoshop in the CC desktop app.

2. Check with Skylum to see if there are updates to Luminar 4 for your version of Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There no updates without purchase of new versions. Until the update to
photoshop 4 days ago the program worked fine. Should I go back to a better
version of Photoshop. During the last few years this has been my experience
that many new updates fail to find errors before releases. Making all of us
the testers for Adobe...clever, but annoying.

Best,
Richard

Richard Stamats

[Personal information removed by moderator.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 27, 2022 May 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Should I go back to a better version of Photoshop.

You said it yourself - the plugin worked fine before the update. You can install previous verions of Photoshop via the CC desktop app. I don't have any issues with my plugins with the latest update but I am on the current releases.

No updates without the purchase of new versions. Your running a 3 year old plugin expecting it to remain compatible with current PS.  It's your choice not to upgrade Luminar to AI or Neo, however if you don't you've locked yourself into a time frame when that version of PS worked with that version of Luminar. Updating both is the only stable option.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you saying that Photoshop takes a long to time open, or just the Luminar 4 plugin?

Have you tried reinstalling the plugin?

I see there are community forums on the Skylar website.  Would that be a more appropriate place to ask?  It's their software after all, and nothing to do with Adobe.

https://community.skylum.com/hc/en-us/community/topics

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines