• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Today's upgrade broke things for me ... NOT happy

New Here ,
Aug 20, 2022 Aug 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't me going that if you write your entire explanation in the context of the default of a discusion, and then after finishing it realize before clicking the "Post" button that you should have chosen "Bug" as a converation type FIRST that you lose everything you typed and have to start over ..... THAT IS AN AMATEUR IMPLEMENTATION!

Now for the rewrite of what I previously wrote:

• The Paint bucket 'magically' has something added to the upper left of its icon and I can no longer do something as fundamental as creating a new layer and painting a color into it
  • I can no longer use Craqueleure on an image over 10,000 pixels

Both of these worked fine earlier today. Now I am blocked from continuing the work that I have to finish ASAP!

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Aug 20, 2022 Aug 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi if a new update is making problems for instance go back to the last working version until there will be a stable update so you can finish your work all issues in notice of team hope all will be fixed soon...regards

Ali Sajjad / Graphic Design Trainer / Freelancer / Adobe Certified Professional

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 21, 2022 Aug 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've just tested these and the Paint Bucket and Craqueleure both work on my system with Photoshop 23.4.2.

How much RAM and spare hard disk capacity do you have?

Have you tried resetting the Photoshop preferences back to the factory defaults?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Paint bucket 'magically' has something added to the upper left of its icon and I can no longer do something as fundamental as creating a new layer and painting a color into it

By @ahlberg

It sounds like you have the 3D Material Drop tool instead of the Paint Bucket tool. Both share the same space and shortcut. You can right-click the tool > release > and choose the other.

3401B5FF-2312-4CB6-B95D-37B462B8C6C4.jpeg

Alternatively, go to

• Window Workspace > Essentials
  • Window Workspace > Reset Essentials

You may be in the 3D workspace. We can't tell without seeing your screen.

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why did you update (or allow auto updates) in the middle of a critical project? And why did you remove the old version?? That sounds verging on reckless... the days when we could trust Adobe to deliver updates that worked first time seem to be a distant memory.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"I can no longer use Craqueleure on an image over 10,000 pixels"

By @ahlberg

Can you tell us more about this so we can test?

• Does Craqueleque work on smaller images?
  • Is the 10,000 the total pixels or the width or the height?
  • What happens when you try?
  • If you want us to test on your file, can you post a link?

As @lambiloon said, you might want to go back to the last version that was working. You can do that in the Creative Cloud app. While you are there, turn off automatic updates for apps, so you can control when you update.

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Absolutely no issue using Craqueleure on a 10Kx10K image on this end (Mac), the latest version. Ditto with the paint bucket. 

Try resetting your preferences and try again:

Press and hold Alt+Control+Shift (Windows) or Option+Command+Shift (Mac OS) immediately after launching Photoshop. You will be prompted to delete the current settings. You can also reset preferences upon a quit if Photoshop is running by going into General Preferences>General>Reset on Quit.

Savvy professionals should never update software while working on a critical project! 

Do learn to disable Auto Updates in Adobe Creative Cloud. 

Do you want to go back to previous versions?
In Adobe Creative Cloud, select the product you wish to roll back, click on the three dots and select "Other Versions". 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines