• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Toggle state

Community Beginner ,
Mar 14, 2023 Mar 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I clicked on the state by accident and now I don't see any history, what do I do?

I want to see all my history

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The History panel only shows the states for the operations you made during the current working session. If you want to return to the last state, you can click on it.

If you save your work as a cloud document, then you can use the Version History panel.

Or you could also use Lightroom and non-destructively save various versions of settings that you apply to your photos.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What do you mean by a session?  I haven't closed my file or photoshop so it's the same session, no?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, a session would be from the time the file is open.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, so I'm still in the same session.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why can't I see my edit history?  For some reason I'm seeing the unedited image. See my screen grab below

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Welcome to the Photoshop Community @Maggie26811090460j. I'll help you figure this out.

What version of Photoshop & the operating system are you working on? Is this a document you were working on & suddenly, the history state got cleared?

History usually goes away when you save a document & open it again. Please share more details about your workflow.

Ensure no stale preferences in your Photoshop. Go to the location of the preference folder below and rename it to backup. https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html

• macOS: In the Finder, hold down the Option key when using the Go menu > Library > Go to Preferences/Adobe Photoshop [version] Settings
  • Rename the Adobe Photoshop folder by adding a .old at the end. (Adobe Photoshop 2023 > Rename > Adobe Photoshop 2023. old)

These changes will give a fresh start to Photoshop as a fresh install. Let me know how it goes.

Thanks!

Sameer K

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm on Photoshop 24.1.1 release. I clicked the history brush state and that's what happened. I haven't closed the Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Maggie26811090460j I merged your two posts. Please refrain from duplicate posting for the same issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. I wanted to edit the original post with a different title but couldn't figure out how, that's why created a new post. I apologize.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems that I created a snapshot and it erased all my history. Can I get it back?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines