• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Tool Bugs with Photoshop Update 21.1.1

Community Beginner ,
Apr 02, 2020 Apr 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Experiencing some new and very annoying bugs since updating to this version.

Bugs don't appear on startup but always become present after a few minutes of using the program. Once there a restart is required to get rid of them... until it appears again.

1. The zoom tool can no longer zoom in or out with clicking (click-drag still works). It just stops responding.

2. The hand tool doesn't allow me to pan the image properly, it snaps back or to another part of the canvas. Very weird behavior...

Here is a link to a video showing both issues:

Bug Video 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried to reset preferences from Preferences > General > Reset Preferences on Quit then restart Photoshop. Save any unsaved presets and actions before prefs reset.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I ´m having the exact same issues.

Tried to reset preferences and restart photoshop but the problems still occur after a few minutes of work. 

Can't explain how annoying this problem is... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, are both of you using a graphic tablet?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I'm using a Wacom Cintiq 22HD 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you using Windows INK api or WinTab API.  Adobe broke Photoshop winTab support in 21.1.0 and it not fixed in 21.1.1.  Can your Cintiq pen be used via Windows INK api?

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using Wacom Intuos 5. I have no idea which API im using, how can I check? Either way the problem only appeared since the last update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you know what OS version you are running.  If you using a Mac which version of  Apple OS. If you are using a PC which Microsoft Windows version.  How Tablets communicate with you system is different in these environment. If the Problem just start happening in the last couple of Photoshop updates.  You are most likely a PC user running some Windows version and using Wintab API. Adobe broke Photoshop WinTab support in the 21.1.0 update and did not fix it in  the 21.1.1 update.  If your using Windows 7 or 8  your only solution  may be to re-install Photoshop version 21.0.3.   If you are using Windows 10 you can use PS 21.1.1 and configuure It to use windows INK Api and also configure your wacom tablet to use window INK Api with Photoshop.  In fact your tablet default is to use INK and Photoshop CC default is to use windows INK.   If you have been using WinTabs API in the past it because you were having problems when using Windows INK with Photoshop so you added a PSUserConfig.txt file to your Photoshop preferences folder to configure Photoshop not to use Windows Ink and you set Photoshop Application preferences in your Wacom Preferences to not use Windows INK with Photoshop.

Windows 7 does not have Windows INK support. WindTab support must be used. Also old perpetuals photoshop version do not have Windows INK support WinTab must be used.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply and I appreciate you taking the time.

However I'm not sure what this whole focus on Windows Ink is about, as I said in my original post this bug has started appearing with the latest update ONLY. I had no issues with 12.1.0.

My wacom is set to use Windows Ink and I have no PSUserConfig file so I'm pretty sure I am already set up to use Windows Ink in both places.

I am running Windows 10 64bit.

image.pngimage.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 03, 2020 Apr 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are using Windows INK and it looks like you are you may need to maks some configuration changes  to get things working well.  Here is what I did on my windows 10 system.   In my Wacom Preferences for application Photoshop Grip Pen pen tab I turn off Tip double click distance, and set the pen bottom button to Alt+Right Click

image.png

In Windows Control Panel  Pen and Touch pen options I un-check the two pen button check boxes and  for Press and hold Right-click Settings I un-check Enable press and hold for right-clicking so the Microsoft INK support does not interfere with Photoshop and Wacom Tablet right clicking support.

image.png

I believe these changes helps  Photoshop and Wacom tablet run better on Windows 10.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 06, 2020 Apr 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks again for the reply but your solution did not change anything.

Again, I don't think this is related to the Wacom tablet. It's a bug inside PS that is only occuring with the latest update and its very very persistent....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 11, 2020 Apr 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you get the bug with a mouse?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 12, 2020 Apr 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes, the bug appears with both the tablet and the mouse. Ive noticed sometimes switching between the two temporarily removes the bug? Very strange...

At this point will probably have to revert to the old version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 09, 2020 Apr 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same thing for me ! I remove this version and re-install the previous one. So annoying !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you able to revert back without loosing all preferences? (Workspace, Keyboard shortcuts, Actions, Patterns, etc...)

I don't want to have to set everything up again...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Backup you preferences first so you can restore them after you reinstall a prior version.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 11, 2020 Apr 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I experienced similar bugs, I will check what others wrote here and if nothing works reverting back to older versions usually does the trick.

Thanks Samy Gluten Free Heroes and Tech 25

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 01, 2020 Nov 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this also and get Message "Could not complete your request because of program error"I have reset prefrence and still issue. Win 10. 

mrsbilko_0-1604233395783.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 10, 2022 May 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I also found these types of bugs while using this

Thanks, Mamun IOS Savvy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines