Tool Issue with Keyboard

Enthusiast ,
Jul 01, 2022 Jul 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since got new Macbook Air, M1, the tools with Keyboard, is acting very fruity in Photoshop.  It's like you have to first click with mouse on some tool to even get it working or recognized, and even then with keyboard, its not easy, very glitchy, changing from Brush to Clone etc. Anyone else notice this? Thanks.

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Enthusiast , Jul 01, 2022 Jul 01, 2022

Thanks Pete, its  23.4.1

Any tool, click any tool not work, unless mouse to tool bar then keyboard starts working for tools. Inexplicable. 

Ok took advice and move Prefs to deksop to test.  (usually don't like deleteing prefernces)

At fist, discomboulated by the UNBELIEVALABY OBNOXIOUS new spring loaded Tool... thing but I rememberd how to fix that issue:  Just posted about that.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem-discussions/weird-tool-issue-new-macbook-air/m-p/13028675#M653219

Y

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @larry45

Can you give more info on what "tools with keyboard" is referring to?

So far in my testing, keyboard shortcuts are working for me on my M1 macbook pro with Photoshop 23.4.1. 

Can you let us know which version of Photoshop you're using?

Have you tried resetting preferences yet?

Restore your preferences using this manual method:
https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html#Manually
If that doesn't solve it, you can quit Photoshop and put the Settings folder back.

Regards,

PG

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Pete, its  23.4.1

Any tool, click any tool not work, unless mouse to tool bar then keyboard starts working for tools. Inexplicable. 

Ok took advice and move Prefs to deksop to test.  (usually don't like deleteing prefernces)

At fist, discomboulated by the UNBELIEVALABY OBNOXIOUS new spring loaded Tool... thing but I rememberd how to fix that issue:  Just posted about that.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem-discussions/weird-tool-issue-new-macbook-air/m-p/...

You work for ADOBE why are they doint this? So inconsiderte to force these new these new annoying features on default-- really rattle people let me tell you...

Ok after got past that. Yeah, in face ok, solved issue: But then lost my workspaces, and my keyboard shurtcuts for the Tool palette I'm used to.... and who knows what else I'll disover later by deleting preference. ...  Your advice? thanks

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines