• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Tool short cuts no longer working properly PS 23.4.1

Community Beginner ,
Jul 14, 2022 Jul 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First off, thanks for taking the time to read this and to give solutions if you can.

Ok, out of nowhere, PS 23.4.1 has bugged out with tool bar shortcuts. No matter what tool I'm trying to select via the keyboard the toll will no select. I've found that the only way to use the keyboard shortcuts is to use the shift key (I'm on a iMac Pro running Big Sur 11.5.2) and even then, it doesn't work all the time.

I've had to go back to using PS 2021 but there are it's own bugs which are super annoying and slows down my workflow. 

I have tried to reset preferences plus I did an uninstall and reinstall of PS which hasn't fixed it. 

Any ideas on what this bug is, how it's appeared (how do I aviod it again) and what the fix is?

Thanks again. 

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jul 15, 2022 Jul 15, 2022

Turn off the Spring-loaded Tool Shortcuts in Preferences. It works fine here under Windows 10 with a Wacom tablet but on macOS Monterey with a tablet, trying to change tools was extremely glitchy.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @vahaknv23018183 sorry to hear this.

Let's make sure we're in a default state and there are no stale settings somewhere: 

Restore your preferences using this manual method:  

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html#Manually  

Does it work correctly? 

If that doesn't solve it, you can quit Photoshop and put the Settings folder back. 

Thank you,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @vahaknv23018183 , thank you for the note that this fixed the tool shortcuts, but now you "no longer have any of my brushes/actions/plugins".

Do you still have your original Settings folder sitting on your desktop? If so, you can drag your Actions.psp and Brushes.psp files into the new Settings folder and over-right them, then restart your computer... are they back?

The plugins are not as easy due to any third-party files... You COULD try the same thing and see if it works, or you should manually add or re-install the unique plugins.

Let us know if that works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 15, 2022 Jul 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Cory,

Thank you so much for your help. Both of the guides you suggested worked for a short time.

However, after only 3 or 4hrs I'm experiencing it again. For example, I'm on the healing brush and trying to shortcut to the stamp tool but I have to press "S" serveral times before it locks in. 

Is there anything else I can try?

Cheers,

V

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 15, 2022 Jul 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Turn off the Spring-loaded Tool Shortcuts in Preferences. It works fine here under Windows 10 with a Wacom tablet but on macOS Monterey with a tablet, trying to change tools was extremely glitchy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 01, 2022 Aug 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you @CoryShubert  @Lumigraphics for your help. A combination of both your responses worked. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 01, 2022 Dec 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you so much for that, @Lumigraphics , it had been driving me bonkers on MacOS! Solved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines