• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop stuck on hand tool

Explorer ,
May 16, 2022 May 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only tool on my screen is the hand tool. Nothing else works. I tried restarting the program and nothing works

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@KarinK ~ 

Please share a screen shot so we can see what you are seeing.

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try resetting your Photoshop preferences. Press and hold Alt+Control+Shift (Windows) or Option+Command+Shift (Mac OS) immediately after launching Photoshop. You will be prompted to delete the current settings. You can also reset preferences upon a quit if Photoshop is running by going into General Preferences>General>Reset on Quit.

Any difference now?

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I experience this occassionally. If I quit and restart it fixes itself. 

Melissa Piccone | Adobe Trainer | Online Courses Author | Fine Artist

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 17, 2022 May 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, but this did not work

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, but this did not work either

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2022-05-17 at 7.26.15 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only tool on my screen is the hand tool.

By @KarinK ~

What did you mean when you said the only tool on your screen is the Hand tool? Your screen shot shows all of the tools, so you must have meant something else?

D111E2DC-F314-4E72-B707-69DFADF733D6.jpeg

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes, all the tools are there. My cursor is always the hand tool. No matter what tool I click on it stays the hand tool. And only works as the hand tool.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Spoke too soon, I still have the problem. I thought I fixed it with uploading an older version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 18, 2023 Oct 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi, same problem here i tried down grading a version but still the hand is stuck.. what version did u use? i use beta 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 18, 2023 Oct 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi, same problem here i tried down grading a version but still the hand is stuck.. what version did u use? i use beta 

By @Marian30553376kahq

The beta tool is for testing and reporting bugs to the Photoshop team before features are added to the released version. You should not be using older versions of beta.. Please try the current released version of Photoshop and let us know if you still have an issue.

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes, all the tools are there. My cursor is always the hand tool.

OK, so the issue isn't all the tools are not showing, clearly, they are. The problem is the cursor? Is the space bar stuck on the keyboard? That would show the hand cursor for all selected tools.

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 01, 2024 Feb 01, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! I didn't even think about the space bar, assuming it was a more complex problem. Always go to the obvious.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 20, 2023 Nov 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem, no m,atter what tool I choose, the hand remains and just moves the image around. Can't doge, burn, select, clone, anything.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

posted a screen shot, which does not reall show anything. The only tool that shows would be the hand. For example when I hit the "T" you should get a "T" but it stays as the hand tool. The problem started when I upgraded the program

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To take care of my problem, since nothing else worked and trying a bunch of times... I just installed one version down. Maybe the issue will get fixed in the next update!!   Thank you all who gave me ideas to try!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it possible your spacebar is stuck on your keyboard?

Melissa Piccone | Adobe Trainer | Online Courses Author | Fine Artist

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@KarinK ~ wrote:

yes, all the tools are there. My cursor is always the hand tool. No matter what tool I click on it stays the hand tool. And only works as the hand tool.

Thanks for the clarification. I agree with Melissa that it sounds like your Spacebar is stuck. Try tapping it a few times or try a new keyboard (for testing purposes).

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

just tried my wireless keyboard, still no luck  😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 20, 2023 May 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It was my Spacebar somehow. I just tapped it once and it fixed itself 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@KarinK ~ 

One other thought is that sometimes another application can take over a shortcut. In this case, it would be either "Spacebar" or "H" for the Hand tool. It could be a browser. Try shutting down and boot up with nothing else running. You might have to check your start-up folder to see what launches automatically.

If that doesn't work, Customer Care can look at your screen. If you contact them, they will most likely start with the things that have already been said here, but maybe they can see something else.

To contact Adobe Customer Care directly:
https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?rghtup=autoOpen  (type "agent")

If your browser does not auto-open the Chat window, try these tips:
https://community.adobe.com/t5/creative-cloud-services/how-to-contact-adobe-support/td-p/11875703  

You can also send tweet to @AdobeCare.

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you !!  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 03, 2024 Feb 03, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi all,

since the last update i have an issue with the hand tool. Usually i use the space bar for switch to the hand tool and scroll the image, but after releasing the space bar and the mouse click the tool keep working like if i am still holding down the commands annd the cursor movement clearly move my visual. For unlocking it i have to click 4-5 times on the image o clickin on the navigator.

Someone have an idea for fixing it? 

SandeepHK_0-1706954755226.png

Thanks a lot

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 05, 2022 Nov 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you ever figure out how to solve the hand tool problem?

I have the same problem as you had with the new photoshop 2023

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines