Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Toolbar left floating after images closed and workspaces inconsistent

Engaged ,
May 16, 2019 May 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Just wondering if someone can tell me how to fix this. After I close and save an image I return to the home screen but my toolbar is left floating:as shown at the right side of the home screen here:

I had moved it from it's initially docked position to the right because I like to have everything on the right hand side. In earlier versions of PS I had no problem doing that and I could save my workspaces with no problem. Now I open the default workspace, customize it the way I want and then save that as a new workspace but often elements I positioned in it are lost or in a different place when I open that workspace. I'm on Photoshop CC 20.0.4 but this has been happening for the last 2 or 3 updates.

Ideas appreciated.

Thanks,

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
May 17, 2019 May 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I never use the Home Screen but just tested it and can verify the same issue, might be worth reporting it as a bug on the Photoshop Feedback Forum

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need just to dock it in it's place again after open or create new document.
You can also use Window> Workspace  to reset your workspace and the tools panel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As mentioned, saving the workspace (repeatedly) does not solve the problem. It still floats on its own after closing files.

Until 2 or 3 updates ago this never happened.

I agree with Ged and have posted it as a bug to Photoshop Feedback Forum

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By the way ...that floating toolbar is there when I open PS again now too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 21, 2020 Dec 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just drag it as far to the (left) edge of your screen and it will dock and stick.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 04, 2022 Feb 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How did you get this fixed?  I not only have the floating Toolbar on the PS home page, but the Properties panel as well.  Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 04, 2022 Feb 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

NOTE:  This is on the 2022 version of Photohop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 17, 2022 Feb 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On my Mac using PS 2021 and 2022 this can be solved by dragging the toolbar to the left edge of an open Photoshop window and holding it for a moment. The left edge of the window turns blue: release the tool paanel and it will click into the left margin of the screen. Attached is a screen recording showinh what happens.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 17, 2022 Feb 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Got it fixed! Thank you!

Get Outlook for Android

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 31, 2022 Mar 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

thank you... that was driving me crazy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines