• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Tools panel gets stuck off the edge of the screen

Community Beginner ,
Jul 19, 2022 Jul 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a recurring issue over the years where when I move from an external monitor to using my laptop. I lose my Tools Panel off the side of the screen. Somtimes there is a bit of the Tools panel showing and sometimes it is completly missing off the side. Using the menu and toggling its appearnce on and off does not solve it. Fullscreen mode does not solve it. Switching to another workspace does not solve it (nor has it helped to save a compact workspace just for the laptop). Are there any commands to pull Tools onto the screen? It's been an issue for so many years now, there should be some kind of solution.

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried clicking on the Green Maximize button to fit photoshop to yoiur screen?

gmb.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, thank you. The green button only affects the art window, not the Tools Palette.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version of macOS and photoshop are you using?

Is your tools panel docked to the photoshop interface or do you have it free floating (undocked)?

Can you post a screenshot if possible?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 30, 2022 Jul 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It doesn't matter which way I have it, whether the tools are floating or whether docked, this has been a recurring issue for several years now. It happens once a month. The only way I can correct it is to connect my laptop to an external monitor and pull the windows inot the center of the screen. This is annoying when I am away from my studio using my laptop. Sometimes I can correct the issue by compacting the tools so they are 2-by horizotontally. But if the top of the tools are off the screen, it's been unsolvable. There should be some shortcut to pull the tools onto the screen or reset this window.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 30, 2022 Jul 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you show a screenshot? 

Also:

• is the Application frame on or off?
  • does it work to Reset the workspace?
    or
    to create and use separate workspaces for your laptop and monitor?
  • can you resize the frame itself (from any corner or side)?

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 07, 2023 Apr 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

i had the same problem! and i work with my wacom screen and a regular screen so  i pull the complete psd window to  the regular screen , reset the toolbar and it pop there!

so i can make it smaller

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines