• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Toon Artist Photoshop Action not working properly

New Here ,
Mar 04, 2021 Mar 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I just came across what looks like a fun action for Photoshop that is provided for free by Adobe called Toon Artist.  I followed all the instructions but when I run the action, towards the end I always get a "no pixels were selected" error followed by a "The command MAKE is currently not available" error.  The action then finishes and all I end up with is a blank white screen with the words "Toon Artist, Photoshop Action" on it.

This action looks like a lot of time and effort went into it, and I really want to be able to try it out.  Is anyone else having similar issues, and if so were you able to find a solution?  I can see pieces of my original image used here and there throughout the many layers, so by all appearances it was working right up until near the end.  I'm not sure what I could be doing that would cause it to fail at such a late point in the process.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Jon Baptiste

TOPICS
Actions and scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Mar 05, 2021 Mar 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @JonBap31 ,

It definitely works OK for me.

Read through Nuwan's instructions here, to ensure all of his recommendations are met.

https://creativecloud.adobe.com/cc/discover/article/toon-artist-action-set?locale=en

If you continue to struggle, you can reach out to him on Behance here. https://www.behance.net/gallery/102056881/Toon-Artist-Photoshop-Action-Free-on-Adobe-Discover

Best of luck

mj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 21, 2022 Jun 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It stalls directly after being run with the error no pixels selected. It was fine till the latest photoshop update the other day.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@richardb60414725 Yes, I also get the "no pixels" warning early in the action, but if you click okay and let it keep running, it works perfectly if you've followed all the directions. Did you stop after that prompt?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, I continued and I ticked the don't show the message again box, it was just annoying that it started doing it, I love tinkering and I'm going to try and find out why it's doing it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 22, 2022 Jun 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wonder if it has to do with having the empty layer selected before starting the action, instead of having the image layer selected. I had the empty layer selected because that's how it's done in the video tutorial. Probably doesn't make any difference, but maybe it's an idea to test if you want.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Jun 22, 2022 Jun 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Maybe you mean one of those warnings that the selection will not be visible?

They are harmless and you can indeed just disable them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 22, 2022 Mar 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's worked OK for me and I do enjoy it. The only suggestion I can think offhand for you is making sure before you apply the action that you've created a new blank layer and used a 100% hardness brush to draw over your subject area.

Good luck. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 22, 2022 Mar 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need to find this action

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Worked first time, but needs a computer with two M1 chips if you want it to finish the same day... 😉

Image Setup step 2 is a first clue (for most people).

Not sure about your case. Just see which step fails and think why it could be (if it's not what I just mentioned). Many times it's obvious. Sometimes it's because Adobe changed an option somewhere and the action picks the wrong one now, or because you didn't install the extras, etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems to stop early, at the select and mask on the "Focus 1" level, any ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

S&M is one where an option was changed or added, so you have to try a few or more.

AFAIK, it's between the Color Aware and Object Aware. Try with either one first. If the action is older, I suspect it has to be Object Aware.

Works correctly in v23.3.1 here. Are you many versions back? (No, you seem to say it only changed in 23.4.1?)

I forgot when they changed that and when the action was made.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines