Top Menu Bar Is Flickering In Photoshop 2021 on Windows 10

Community Beginner ,
Aug 02, 2021 Aug 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I come to the community in need of some help, everytime I rollover a menu item up here the button does a weird flicker. I have provided a video to show exactly what is happening. I tried googling and nothing came back useful. Hopefully there is a fix for this, thanks!

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 06, 2021 Aug 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We're sorry about trouble with the menu items in Photoshop. Would you mind telling us the exact version of Photoshop you're using? Do you have 2 graphics card on the computer you're working on?

You can check out: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/troubleshoot-gpu-graphics-card.html

Let us know if this helps!

Regards,

Nikunj

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 07, 2021 Aug 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. I'll have the answers to your questions below as well as some other answers that may be useful for the response.

Photoshop Ver: 22.4.3

Graphics Card: I have 1, an RTX 3070 with integrated graphics disabled in favor for the GPU

I had tried the first step provided in the document (to disable the GPU) but it did not help.

Looking forward to hearing back,

thanks!

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 22, 2022 Apr 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello ADOBE! I give you a hint. Multiple GPUs on one PC.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 27, 2021 Oct 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here on latest Windows 10 build version 21H1 (19043.1237)
RTX 2080 GPU with upto date Nvidia Studio Driver. It's been doing this for few months. Pretty irritating.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 29, 2021 Oct 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I have the same problem, wnt back to a previous version and it worked fine. Graphocs Driver updated, still does it, Uncheck used Graphics Card and still does it. Not much sense paying for a subscription if it does not work.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 29, 2021 Oct 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It does this regardles of driver version or Pohotoshop version or GPU settings.  

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 10, 2021 Nov 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here.  1070ti Nvidia Graphics card.  Made sure I was updated latest "sudio" drivers for graphics card, but also tried the normal game drivers.  I have reset preferences.  Very slow interface performance in general, but menus flickering is the most telltale symptom.

When I'm just on the initial home screen all the menus are fine, but once I open a document, all the menus glitch and flash and interacting with anything becomes incredibly slow.  Also the same problem in Lightroom.

Disabling the GPU accelleration offers more stability, and no flashing menus, with the tradeoff of poor performance of not having accelleration.  One issue does still exist with GPU disabled and that is that the transform box in "Free Transform" is invisible.  If I find a corner or side, I can still manipulate the object, but there isn't any visual representation of the transform box on the screen.

It has been this way for me since the last 21 update.  Everything worked great, then with the last update this issues started.  I hoped this update would fix it, but unfortunately not.

I have tried completely uninstalling and re-installing Photoshop as well with no luck.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 10, 2021 Nov 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to follow up and say that this post on Nvidia's forum may explain what's happening.

I rolled my Nvidia drivers all the way back to May 2021 Studio Version 462.59 and the flickering and performance issues went away.  Hopefully someone at one or both of these companies can get together and figure out what broke, but I'll be staying on these drivers for now!

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 11, 2021 Nov 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope, after installing Studio Version 462.59 drivers the flickering still exists.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 11, 2021 Nov 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I rolled the driver back to 461.40 in Jan 2021 and it appears to be working correctly so far.

Another problem is that some of the Topaz plugins do not work and the latest driver fixed that problem.

I used the TK8 Luminosity Masks so the new masks are not that much of an advantage but the Menu flicking is really annoying.

I ave been using Affinity since 360 degree support was removed from PS and need to learn more about this application and stop paying for software that does not work.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 12, 2021 Nov 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe AI tech, together with engineers from Nvidia, M$ developers, Riz Ahmed and Tilda Swinton have identified the issue. They came to conclusion that Uninstalling Adobe applications is the only solution.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 18, 2021 Dec 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the only application with such issue and I've tried many, many apps. This is ridiculous how Adobe behaves. I have no words.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 08, 2022 Feb 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello? Are you there Adobe?????????

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 08, 2022 Feb 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Am not Adobe but taking the round. I had exactly this issue which was easily treated by designation of Nvidia card to Photoshop in Windows Graphics Settings (Control Panel). I guess, before that Photoshop was jumping back and forth between the Nvidia card and built-in Intel graphics. I unfortunately do not remember which version(s) of drivers I had that time, it was a while ago.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 07, 2022 Mar 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here. I updated my graphics drivers but no luck. Very annoying.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines