• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

top of toolbox disappears under menu bar and is not moveable!

Community Beginner ,
Apr 15, 2022 Apr 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

when i switch from my display to my macbook pro screen the toolbox disappers under the menu bar and i can´t touch it or move it. because you can just move it at the top of the box! this sucks! i have this problem since two years, no one cares!

(mac os monterey 12.3.1)

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Apr 15, 2022 Apr 15, 2022

tried it all, didn´t work out. but i solved it:

system preferences of os > dock and menubar > deactivate "show and hide menu bar" (tried to translate it from german) 

thanks for helping!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Try enabling this option in preferences and restarting Photoshop to see if it helps

2022-04-15 08_42_26-Render2.jpg @ 41% (RGB_8).png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you, but no, doesn´t work. it would be so easy if the toolbox could be moved from clicking it somewhere, not just at the top. 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ralph, I am a Windows user so I can only guess the same as Ged, but some things you can try.

Reset your workspace. I am sure you have tried this. Also try different workspaces and try editing your toolbar and saving the edited toolbar to a custom workspace.  Try to make more room for the UI perhaps.

Do you have the UI set to 100% or 200%?

Also try turning off Large Tabs if enabled.

image.png

Overscroll fixes a few UI issues like the document window hidden under panels.  Worth a try

image.png

Those are the only thinks I can think of that might affect the UI, but if anyone reading this has a MBP with OSX 12.3.1 then please let us know if you have the same display issue, or if you don't.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

tried it all, didn´t work out. but i solved it:

system preferences of os > dock and menubar > deactivate "show and hide menu bar" (tried to translate it from german) 

thanks for helping!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad you fixed and thanks for the heads up.  That is going to help other users going forward.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 30, 2023 Jan 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

To override it this go to Edit - Preferences - Documents and tick off "Allow documents to hide the menu bar..." box.

Steve35_0-1675121043173.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines