Transfer keywords

Explorer ,
May 07, 2022 May 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I enter keywrods in Bridge on my laptop, how can I get them to sync to bridge on my desktop? The labels and ratings sync, but I can't seem to get the keywords to sync? I edit only in Photoshop, so am not using LR at this point. Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have posted in the Photoshop Elements forum.  I am moving your question to the Photoshop Ecosystem forum, where you should be able to get more help.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Keywords are in the metadata and are part of the file. If you add metadata to one file and have a copy of the filer on your desktop then those files are not changed. If the files were on an external drive or a server you would be accessin the same files on both systems and they would be synchronised. 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@marathongranny212 wrote:

If I enter keywrods in Bridge on my laptop, how can I get them to sync to bridge on my desktop? 

There is a dedicated Bridge forum here:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/bridge/ct-p/ct-bridge

Bridge doesn't have a live/automated keyword sync feature. What you need to do is go to the Keyword panel in Bridge, then use the panel's menu at the upper right and select "Export..." which will create a text file of your keywords. Then on the other computer, you will use the same menu and select the "Import..." option to import the exported keywords:

Import-Keywords.png

https://helpx.adobe.com/bridge/using/keywords-adobe-bridge.html

Metadata is written to and stored with the file. Ratings are fixed, Labels are not fixed, but due to the design they may as well be in practice as the same label set needs to be in use, so there is no need to transfer them as each installation picks up the same fixed metadata embedded in the file.

Keywords are also written to the file and are visible in the keywords panel on another intall of Bridge as a "non-persistent" keyword in italic text to show that the keyword is not in the keyword library/database and is only in the file. You can convert each italic keyword to a persistent keyword one by one, however, the export/import process is what you are looking for to manage these sets between different installations of Bridge.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines