• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Transferring photos from PS for mac to LR for iPad?

Community Beginner ,
Nov 16, 2022 Nov 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I download my photos from camera to iPad then would like to resize them in PS for MacBook then send them back to LR for iPad for further editing and organization!  Please help and thank you

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Welcome to the Photoshop community.

One way to achieve this is to use Lightroom as your file manager & base for the images to be stored & then use Photoshop to work on images & send them back to Lightroom. This functionality has been available for some time back.

Check this to learn more: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/lightroom-photoshop-ipad.html

Let me know if this helps. Thanks!

Sameer K

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This doesn't work as I am trying to edit on PS for MacBook then transfer to LR for ipad either or transfer from LR IPad to MacBook PS

Thank you for your quick reply

what i am trying to accomplish is being able to store and organize everything on LR for ipad yet be able to take advantage PS for Mac's extended features!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are two ways you can approach this workflow.

Continue using Lr iPad & at Photoshop's home screen, you have a tab for Lightroom Photos linked to Lightroom's cloud library. You can open Lightroom images directly from here & save them to your local drive or Photoshop Cloud. This functions as 'Open in Photoshop' & photos won't travel back to Lightroom.

SameerK_0-1668628906272.png

Another way is to have Lightroom desktop installed on the MacBook. Lightroom Desktop & Lightroom iPad sync so your work is always up to date on both surfaces. This will unlock the way back from Photoshop to Lightroom.

With Lightroom desktop, you can use the Edit-in Photoshop option to quickly open an image in Photoshop & save the changes back to Lightroom.

Check this to learn more: https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-cc/how-to/lightroom-photoshop-edit-photos.html

Let me know if this helps.
Thanks!
Sameer K

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 17, 2022 Nov 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines