• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Transform box / controls getting crazy.

Community Beginner ,
Aug 18, 2021 Aug 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using transform box controls a lot, especially click the edge, then right click to choose warp/perspective etc...

And after the latest update, whenever i click the edge of the transform controls, it lockes, and rasterize the image as i move the mouse. 
I'm not holding the mouse when i click, so that's not the issue.

I have no idea what's causing this issue, so if anyone is experiencing the same thing, please let me know. 
Video attached. 

Thank you! 🙂 

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks like it went back to the old way - hold down shift. 

Melissa Piccone | Adobe Trainer | Pluralsight Author | Fine Artist

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Melissa. 

Thank you for your answer, but that is still not the solution. The problem still exists. But i see what is your point.
Actually i'm not trying to rasterize the photo proportionaly or vice versa.

My point was, that when i click and release the edge of the transform control lines that are visible around selected layer, it behaves like i'm still holding the mouse left click, so it drags the edges and it rasterizes the image. 

That started happening after the latest updates. 
- Before, i just left clicked the transform control line, to enter the free transform tool, so i can go right click and pick something like warp, perspective, distort etc... 

I still have no idea why this problem occurs even after i tried reinstalling ps. It's quite annoying. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I understand now - that is very frustrating. I'm sure it has something to do with the graphics card - mine is no longer compatable and wreaking havoc. 

Melissa Piccone | Adobe Trainer | Pluralsight Author | Fine Artist

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same exact issue. I hope this gets resolved fast, because it's not only annoying but making my efforts greater.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 19, 2021 Aug 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same thing here, I think this option was changed in the last update.

And I'm trying to figure out how to disable it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 20, 2021 Aug 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also have this problem and it is very frustrating

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By right clicking the "move tool" and select Reset Tool seems to fix the problem temporalily

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! When you reset the move tool it actually works!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you restart Photoshop to work?

Because here it's still the same, when I just click on the square of the object's tranform and release the click it sticks and only when I click a second time can I stop changing the object's size.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope, i just picked the move tool, and restarted it like Andrew said, and now it's working perfectly. 😕 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 21, 2021 Aug 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually the problem still occurs... Yesterday, after resetting the move tool, today that error is back. 😞 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 02, 2024 Mar 02, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Worked! Took me a minute to realize to right-click on the "move tool" icon on the top menu pinned under the menubar, not the floating toolbar icon.  Thank you very much. This locking behavior was driving me crazy for the past few years. I almost moved exclusively to Figma because it was so bad.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 21, 2021 Aug 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same here and it is frustrating

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines