Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

Transform Tool with Mask

Participant ,
Oct 31, 2021 Oct 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let's say I have a 1000px by 200px image and I create a 50px by 50px square mask, closer to the left edge of the image. 

Now when I try to use the Free Transform tool, it wants to resize the whole content (1000x200) instead of the 50x50 square mask.

Is there a way to focus the transform only on the mask?

The way Photoshop works always seemed a bit counterintuitive, because if I create a mask, I want it to be seen as a new object, so using the transform tool, I would expect it to resize the visible content (I mean, use the visible content as a reference, of course).

Hope it makes sense.

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 31, 2021 Oct 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Please note that I'm not trying to resize the mask itself. I know how to do that by unlinking the mask. What I want is to have them linked, but when I hit Free Transform, the transform handles and all that, are focused on the mask size and shape, not the content that's hidden by the mask.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines