Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Translucent photo for a cover photo.

Community Beginner ,
Mar 13, 2023 Mar 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, 

Hopefully someone can help me figure this out. I am trying to figure out how I can put a translucent photo behind my enlarged water park to I can use it for a cover photo for our new photography company that me and my fiance are starting. I know there is SO much to learn with Photoshop and taking it one step at a time.

Can someone help me with this? please and thank you.

[Email removed as per forum guidelines]

TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Mar 13, 2023 Mar 13, 2023

@Daniel28859004pxhg 

Without seeing the images or knowing your skill level, this is generic:

• Both images need to be in the same document
  • To make an image translucent, set the opacity of the layer to zero. To make it partially transparent, go choose a higher percentage than zero and less than 100 and play with it until you get the results you want. Start with something mid-range, like 40–60%.
  • If the enlarged water park is 100% opacity and the translucent image is behind it, it may be hidden fr

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Mar 13, 2023 Mar 13, 2023

I truly dont know how to get both photos in one document.

By @Daniel28859004pxhg

To put the images in one file:

• Open both images
  • Go to Window > Arrange > Vertical to see them side by side
  • Select the Move ("V") tool and drag the smaller image to the large one. Hold down the Shift key to center it. Release the mouse before the Shift key
  • Both images are now in the same file
  • Close the other image
  • Do a Save As with the composite and give it a new name. Use a format that supports layers: either ti

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

<moved from download and install >

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Daniel28859004pxhg 

Without seeing the images or knowing your skill level, this is generic:

• Both images need to be in the same document
  • To make an image translucent, set the opacity of the layer to zero. To make it partially transparent, go choose a higher percentage than zero and less than 100 and play with it until you get the results you want. Start with something mid-range, like 40–60%.
  • If the enlarged water park is 100% opacity and the translucent image is behind it, it may be hidden from view. How big is the enlarged water park?

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@jane-e 

My skill level with photoshop is not that great. I use lightroom a lot more for editing. I truly dont know how to get both photos in one document.

The enlarged water mark takes up the center of the photo.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I truly dont know how to get both photos in one document.

By @Daniel28859004pxhg

To put the images in one file:

• Open both images
  • Go to Window > Arrange > Vertical to see them side by side
  • Select the Move ("V") tool and drag the smaller image to the large one. Hold down the Shift key to center it. Release the mouse before the Shift key
  • Both images are now in the same file
  • Close the other image
  • Do a Save As with the composite and give it a new name. Use a format that supports layers: either tiff or psd will be fine.

There are other ways but they all get you there. I gave you one. Sometimes a half a dozen folks jump in with slightly different steps. They all work.

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 18, 2023 Mar 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Daniel28859004pxhg 

Were you able to succeed with your project or do you need more help?

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 18, 2023 Mar 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Yes,
With the information givin to me from everyone, I was able to accomplish my
task.
Thank you all for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can have Photoshop open both photos in one file by going to File > Scripts > Load Files into Stack... (BTW, even though "Scripts" is in the path, you don't need to know anything about scripting to use it). Photoshop will open a dialog where you can select both of the images (either click Browse to navigate to where they are saved or if they're both open separately click Add Open Files),  to have Photoshop put them in one document for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, 

put a translucent photo behind my enlarged water park t

By @Daniel28859004pxhg

That sounds back to front Daniel.  Think in terms of putting your water mark on top of the background image.

Do you know about layers?  Can you do masks, and do you know about transparency?

Ideally, your water mark will be a vector object (if it is text or logo type shape) with transparency. 

Can you describe in more detail what you mean by 'translucient'?  Do you have an example you can share or link to?

Same with your watermark.  People here will help you if you show us what you have so far.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines