• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Transparent workspace on Photoshop CC

Community Beginner ,
Dec 11, 2013 Dec 11, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it possible to make the workspace transparent on Photoshop CC?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 11, 2013 Dec 11, 2013

So you are a Mac user, it seems …

Edit: I’m a Mac user myself, by the way.

Please check out

Window > Application Frame

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What are you talking about – the Application Frame maybe?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I mean the complete background of the application. On Photoshop CS4 and all the previous versions of PS, there has been no background, which enables you to see your desktop and all other applications you have running, which makes life 100 times easier to toggle from one application to another as you can see them without having to minimise Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So you are a Mac user, it seems …

Edit: I’m a Mac user myself, by the way.

Please check out

Window > Application Frame

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Brilliant, thanks very much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You’re welcome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 28, 2014 Mar 28, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh sheesh, thanks so much! This was driving me crazy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 22, 2019 Jan 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has saved me so much frustration, THANK YOU!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 18, 2023 Sep 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks.  YOU RULE.  Everytime I have to install Photoshop on a new computer, I always forget the name of that.  Every. Damn. Time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 31, 2014 Jul 31, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! This was driving me crazy!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 28, 2014 Oct 28, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much. This was driving me insane as well!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 13, 2016 Sep 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has anyone gotten this to work on the windows app? I can't seem to find "Application frame" under the "window" menu.
Recently switched from a mac and this is driving me nuts. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 14, 2016 Sep 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The windows version of photoshop always has the Application Frame "Enabled", so no, there is no way to turn the Application Frame off on windows.

The difference is how the operating system are put together sorta speak, since a lot of mac

apps traditionally had no application frame, while windows programs always had an application frame.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks to you and "Feierwoon", I thought this might be the case, but I just thought I'd check. I guess I'll just have to learn to deal, and wait until apple gest there act together again so I can switch back .  Appreciate your time!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a OS limitation and not a PS option. In Windows, you never see the desktop through the application, but Mac user do, as long as there is no open document hiding the dt.

(question appart: this thread should be marked as answered!)

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks to you and "R_Kelly", I thought this might be the case, but I just thought I'd check. I guess I'll just have to learn to deal, and wait until apple gest there act together again so I can switch back .  Appreciate your time!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jan 12, 2018 Jan 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Posting a quick message to this thread because I ran into the same problem with Indesign 2017 and Photoshop 2017. Both had that dark grey "nothing loaded" background after you closed all your documents using Command W. This was distracting because if you had a pile of files on the desktop, you'd have to move this grey/empty Indesign or Photoshop window out of the way to be able to click the desktop icons.

Unchecking "Application Frame" on a Mac restored it to the previous way that Mac users are used to having, where the "application background" is transparent after you close all the files you've loaded.

My guess is that at some point Adobe made this Application Frame a default instead of an option.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 11, 2018 May 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You rock my world. Thank you so much!!!!!

Who knew it was that simple -aside from you obviously.

Cheers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 24, 2020 Mar 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANK YOU....:-)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 16, 2020 Nov 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Window>Application Window (Uncheck) worked for me. It was driving mee crazy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 03, 2022 Dec 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Blessings.. soo grateful to have found this thread - this was driving me nuts too!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines