• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Trying to find user guide instruction on use of move tool - esp options

Community Beginner ,
Aug 23, 2021 Aug 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I started with a background layer. I added a 2nd blank layer onto which I placed a soft white circle with a single click of a soft brush. I changed the mode to overlay and then duplicated the layer. I then integrated the 2 layers I'd created into a group and made the group layer active. I expected I'd be able to move the 2 layers in the group using the move tool, but every time I clicked on the white circle I'd created to attempt to simultaneously move both layers in the group, the group opened up so that there was a group layer and the 2 layers it contained below the group layer, with only one of the 2 layers active. When I went to move the white circle, it split creating 2 white circles in different locations. i.e. only one circle was moved. I was advised to uncheck the auto select box in the options bar to address my problem. That worked. Now, I want to find a write up in the user guide detailing how to use all possibilities in the option bar. I can't find it in the user guide. Could anybody please point me to the place in the guide in which the options bar of the move tool is explained in detail. Thanx in advance. 

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its your options at the top. When using the Move to change it from Auto Select Layer to Auto Select Group or uncheck it entirely. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I am not exactly sure what you mean by all possibilities for the options bar, as it really depends on the tool that is selected. In other words, it is content sensitive. So you would really need to be reading about each tool and what their options are and how they pop up on the options bar. But to read up on the options bar itself (and perhaps to give you a little more insight) you can go to Menu>Help and type in "option bar" and it will give you several things to read about and how it works in general. Hope that helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to reiterate what I'd asked - "Could anybody please point me to the place in the guide in which the options bar of the move tool is explained in detail." That's the crux of my question. Everything else I'd written was probably superfluous. Thanx for the suggestion about help > option bar

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 30, 2021 Aug 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

They're kinda interspersed among a variety of documents. Tip for doing a google search, search the term and add "helpx" to the search to return content from the user guide. e.g. "Move Tool Photoshop helpx"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines