• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Trying to install older version of PS CS5

New Here ,
Aug 28, 2021 Aug 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Trying to install older version of PS CS5 on my Mac mini, OS Big Sur. 

When thats done I get an error  saying " can't be opened because Apple cannot check it for malicious software. Contact developer for more information" Which I did and they werent much help.

Has anyone come across this issue???

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Aug 28, 2021 Aug 28, 2021

Can't do this for a number of reasons, most important, it isn't a 64-bit installer. Also not supported under Big Sur. 

You can try installing with a much older OS (pre Catalina) where the 32-bit installer should work. You'll need to boot into an older OS, run that installer, then reboot into Big Sur. That said, such an older version may not run well or properly under Big Sur. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
LEGEND ,
Aug 28, 2021 Aug 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Can't do this for a number of reasons, most important, it isn't a 64-bit installer. Also not supported under Big Sur. 

You can try installing with a much older OS (pre Catalina) where the 32-bit installer should work. You'll need to boot into an older OS, run that installer, then reboot into Big Sur. That said, such an older version may not run well or properly under Big Sur. 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines