• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Trying to recreate an edited image

New Here ,
Nov 16, 2021 Nov 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have 2 versions of the same image. This is the original unedited version: https://i.ibb.co/yNFxPf1/Sydney-Unfiltered.png and this is the edited version (NOTE: I wasn't the person that edited this): https://i.ibb.co/LzPqQK5/sydney.jpg

I am trying to re-create this edited version from the original. I added a black layer and I'm changing the opacity but I just cannot recreate the same colour. Is there any way to identify what was done to the original image to create the edited version? Is there anything else I should try doing?

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

»Sydney-Unfiltered« seems unlikely to be the original image, it appears to have been blurred. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For what I need to do it actually doesnt matter that the unfiltered original image is a bit blurry. All I need to do is identify how to create a new version of it that's the exact same colour as the edited version. Any ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How is that supposed to be the original image? 

A Curves Layer and a Gradient Layer might suffice to emulate the effect. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshot 2021-11-16 at 13.08.15.pngScreenshot 2021-11-16 at 13.08.09.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, it looks like you were able to replicate it in the second screenshot. Was that by doing the Curves Layer and a Gradient Layer? If so, what exactly are the steps in Photoshop to do that? Sorry for the stupid questions, I'm completely new to Photoshop so not familar with using it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The Curves Layer isScreenshot 2021-11-16 at 14.17.40.pngScreenshot 2021-11-16 at 14.17.56.png simple (one end dragged) and the Gradient Layer is just a black to transparent Gradient with a Layer Mask. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines