• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Type layer not editable and type tool not working...

New Here ,
Jan 31, 2019 Jan 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Photoshop CC version 20.0.1.  I cannot edit a text layer that has the wrong information.  Instead of editing, I tried making a whole new text layer.  I click the T (text) button, drag and let go and it shows the latin text but the text box is gone and it won't let me click on it or edit it.  What the heck is wrong? 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Jan 31, 2019 Jan 31, 2019

Weirdest thing... there was a "learn more about photoshop" slider open to the far right of the entire PS window.   I closed the slider so i would have more space and everything started working.   ???? 

Thank you for the quick reply!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
New Here ,
Jun 15, 2021 Jun 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much.  I was getting so frustraded!!!  This did the trick!  Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 12, 2021 Oct 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are in RGB, change it to CMYK. Then switch back to RGB.

If you are in CMYK, change it to RGB. Then switch back to CMYK.

It will now work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@duncand60488316 wrote:

If you are in RGB, change it to CMYK. Then switch back to RGB.

If you are in CMYK, change it to RGB. Then switch back to CMYK.

It will now work.

@duncand60488316 

This is bad advice. Switching back and forth between RBG and CMYK is a big NO-NO as it permanently changes the color information. If the conversion needs to be made, it should be made once.

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/converting-color-modes.html

"When you choose a different color mode for an image, you permanently change the color values in the image. For example, when you convert an RGB image to CMYK mode, RGB color values outside the CMYK gamut (defined by the CMYK working space setting in the Color Settings dialog box) are adjusted to fall within gamut. As a result, some image data may be lost and can’t be recovered if you convert the image from CMYK back to RGB."

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@duncand60488316 

I see that you also made the same post in the Premiere Pro forum.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro-discussions/unable-to-edit-text-in-a-text-layer/m-p/1244...

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 16, 2021 Dec 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

So frustrating. I had added an effect to the text before converting it to a Smart Object. This was my issue. I followed all of the solutions provided here with no effect. I deleted my text and if I did not have an effect on, I could edit them as often as I wanted. Hope that helps someone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines