• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Type of file: Photoshop.Image.19 (.psd) ERROR

Explorer ,
Oct 16, 2018 Oct 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just updated my CC apps yesterday and now my .psd files are showing a file type of Photoshop.Image19 (.psd) This is causing the incredibly awful issue of not being able to set these files to open automatically in PS 2019. Can someone please tell me how to fix this without the cleaner tool? Here is the exact step I'm on, once I click ok, NOTHING happens. It won't register. I've also gone to default app settings by file type, won't register. Please Adobe fix this issue! I've also restarted, uninstalled, reinstalled 4 times. Please help, thank you!!

Photoshop.Image.19(Won

2nd Image below:

.psdIconWontSaveOpenWithProgram.PNG

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Oct 17, 2018 Oct 17, 2018

Hi everyone,

I had the same exact problem and fixed it through editing the registry as well, but with a different solution than nenime posted above.

In the registry, find the address: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Classes\.psd and change the default value to Photoshop.Image.20 (mine was Photoshop.Image.19)

Just need to figure out how to change it for a .psb file as well

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Advocate ,
Nov 05, 2018 Nov 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mohit Goyal, thanks. But that didn't work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 07, 2022 Mar 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That link doesn't work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 17, 2018 Oct 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've posted this on the feedback site (bug reports/feature requests), where it will hopefully get the attention of engineering staff at Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 23, 2018 Oct 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is being investigated by Adobe engineers now. In the meantime, try this: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/file-association-broken-psd-after-photoshop-cc-2015-on-windows....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Nov 05, 2018 Nov 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

D Fosse, thanks tried that but didn't work for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines