• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Type Tool unusable!

Community Beginner ,
Apr 27, 2022 Apr 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am working on a layered project in Photoshop, all layers visible, and I suddenly cannot use the type tool. Error message states “Could not use the type tool because the target channel is hidden. What do I do? Simple non-tech language please!

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Can you post a screenshot of the Photoshop interface with all the pertinent panels opened to hightlight the issue

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Looking up the problem, Quick Mask mode could be what's causing this.  It creates a Quick Mask channel below the RGB channels in the Channels panel (open that one for Ged when you take a screenshot). Since you are using MacOS,  Commmand-Shift-3 will give you a full screen image you can upload to the forums.

Usually you will see "Quick Mask" in your Document title tab and pressing Q will toggle it off.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem-discussions/target-channel-is-hidden/m-p/5750669

has the full discussion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines