• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Typing an American phone number in Photoshop CC

New Here ,
Jun 02, 2022 Jun 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When adding an American phone number to a graphic using the text tool, the formatting changes the order of the numbers after a hyphen is typed in. For instance, if you type 1-800-521-3090 the number will reformat to 3090-521-800-1. I have had to retrain my brain to type the number in reverse as a workaround. This started about three updates back (an inaccurate observation). Do I need to set something in preferences to correct this? In creating websites, it's nice to be able to add a phone number to the header graphic without having to use profanity.

This is most likely some kind of user error on my part. Please advise. Thinking backward is causing a detrimental growth of unneccessary brain cells...

I am using macOS on an iMac (two years old) and version 23.3.2 of Photoshop.

Screen Shot 2022-06-02 at 4.12.14 PM.pngScreen Shot 2022-06-02 at 4.14.57 PM.pngScreen Shot 2022-06-02 at 4.17.58 PM.pngScreen Shot 2022-06-02 at 4.20.43 PM.png

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try resetting the tools and/or preferences.
To restore preferences quickly using a keyboard shortcut:

Press and hold Alt+Control+Shift (Windows) or Option+Command+Shift (Mac OS) as you start Photoshop. You are prompted to delete the current settings. The new preferences files are created the next time you start Photoshop.
Note: Using the keyboard shortcut, preference files for custom shortcuts, workspaces, and color settings will also be reset to default.

from here:

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html#restore_preferences

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 09, 2023 Mar 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does it happen with all fonts?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 09, 2023 Mar 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

yes

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmmmm....  Never seen that before. 

Open the Paragraph panel.

Turn off Hyphenate.  Use these default settings (see screenshot).

image.png

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines