• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

UI Issues

Participant ,
Feb 26, 2022 Feb 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm om 23.2.1 and have loads og RAM, GPU cover and an i9 chip. I have an ASUS ProArt 4K monitor.

If I swith in scaling on the OS side, eg 150%, the clone stamp etc don't work as intended, That is they stamp in the wronf place.

I can't find the UI 200% scaling anymore, ie to increase the menu item size.

Can someone suggest how to set up the UI for a 4K set up, ie so I can see the text!

Cheers

Garry

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

The UI scaling can be found in the preferences

2022-02-26 09_36_55-Adobe Photoshop 2022.png

You can also scale the UI font

2022-02-26 09_39_52-Untitled-1 @ 50% (RGB_8).png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply and I should have said I've tried all that.

The issue seems to be a clashe between the OS side and Ps.

For example, if I set the OS scaling on the display to 150%, the clone stamp does work correctly, ie stamping in the wrong place, ie an offset amount.

If I set the OS scaling to 100%, the Ps UI scaling to 200%, the UI font o large, the scale UI font on, I get the non scaled menus 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Plus I see the offset issue on the clone stamp tool etc, ie its stamps in the wrong place if I set the OS scaling to anything other than 100%

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Trying to be clear on this. If I hit a top menu item it shows the list OK. If I move down into the list the menu switches to two to the left !!! Eg under filter I get Fonts!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

More testing.

If I click the two far left menu items (File Edit) all is OK. If I click on Image and anuother menu item, the sub menu that comes up is that from the menu two or three to the left.

Thus Plugins gives me the Filter sub menu list!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're not supposed to touch the PS preferences for scaling. That's for older systems that don't have the current Windows APIs for scaling, and you have to do manual workarounds.

So leave Photoshop at Auto.

In modern Windows versions, the Photoshop UI scaling follows the setting in Windows. You don't need to do anything beyond that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

D Fosse

Many thanks for confirming that, I'll do as you say on the Ps side. 

Unfortunately I still have an issue if I set the Win 11 to 150% the clone stamp tool behaviours badly, as does the healing brush. 

If I select a clone source, the cloning stamp jumps to another place and attempts to clone a line back to where I'm cloning. I've never seen this behaviour before and it goes away if I set OS scaling to 100%.

I've spent all day trying to resolve this, but no luck ;-(

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 06, 2022 Mar 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Still no word/info from the Adobe world on this one 😞

I guess it must be related to using Win11 with an intel i9 😞

let's hope the next release addresses the problem. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines