• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to Clone Stamp after creating 3D spherical panorama

New Here ,
May 23, 2021 May 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to use clone stamp to remove the tripod from my 360 photo and followed several tutorials, where they first create a new spherical panorama from the selected layer, then set the camera position and use clone stamp tool. However, when I try that, Photoshop throws the error "Could not edit the texture(s) directly. Please open the texture(s) and choose an editable target layer to proceed".

Why is the layer in my photo not editable?

If I create an additional Layer1 and copy the Layer0 into it, then I can edit (use clone stamp) in that layer1, but then get the same error when attempting to merge down.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See here: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/3d-texture-editing.html.

You mapped your picture on a 3d body. This makes a texture from a picture.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, but since several tutorials I've seen don't need to do that, I suspect there is something that can be configured when a 360photo is imported that means you can use editing tools directly on the original layer. 
one of the tutorials included a step to rasterise the image before using editing tools like clone stamp, but again this was only one and all the others don't do that. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think the problem was that I opened the 360 photo as an embedded smart object

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 06, 2022 May 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

How did you solve this issue? I cannot figure it out. Nor do I understand the comment about opening the 360 as an embedded smart object. How am I doing that? How do I not do that? I'm working with tiffs here. Thanks for any help! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines