Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

unable to deactivate Adobe CS6

New Here ,
Nov 16, 2021 Nov 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I reinstalled windows earlier today on the same PC and forgot to deactivate CS6, so now I am out of licenses. I have scoured the internet and found that the only way to deactivate a license is through Adobe CS6 or by contactin adobe. However, when I attempt to go to the admin panel or open the chat app, I am told I am not the system administrator. This version of adobe CS6 IS MY version, so I'm not sure why this is happening.

I've scoured google and adobe's website and they all point to the above solutions, which means I have no way of deactivating previous accounts.

Any help would be appreciated,

Thanks,

Cameron

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I forgot to note that in my adobe profile, under "manage", nothing shows up for my activated devices, so I am unable to "deactivate" from there as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try Adobe Chat they should be able to deactivate your CS6.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The servers for that old version are likely long gone. As JJ suggestes, you'll need Adobe to do this on their end. 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am unable to chat with Adobe as I mentioned before - when I click chat I am told that the system admin must do it, despite the fact that I am the system admin. I have attached a screenshot to show what I see.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

image.png

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines