Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to load files

Community Beginner ,
Apr 30, 2022 Apr 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

for a few days, I can no longer load any image (photos) with photoshop. The version is 23.3.1.

When I try to open a photo with the Open menu of photoshop or from Lighroom (by doing "Open with Photoshop", the file starts to load in photoshop then the computer freezes, I can't do anything, nor work with photoshop, or with any other application, or move the mouse cursor...

Even Task Manager does not open with Ctrl+Alt+Delete. I have to turn off the computer.

Otherwise, my PC works fine.

I'm on windows 10 family,

Attached the specifications of my machine.

Who can help me ?

Thanks in advance.

Jean Michel

TOPICS
Actions and scripting , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Apr 30, 2022 Apr 30, 2022

A system hang or freeze requiring a computer restart usually means a low level failure such as a driver (bad video card driver, etc), failing hardware (hard disk, video card, etc.) or damaged OS installation.

Open Photoshop. Before opening any files, go to Preferences > Performance... and uncheck Use Graphics Processor. Restart Photoshop. Does the problem persist?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 30, 2022 Apr 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A system hang or freeze requiring a computer restart usually means a low level failure such as a driver (bad video card driver, etc), failing hardware (hard disk, video card, etc.) or damaged OS installation.

Open Photoshop. Before opening any files, go to Preferences > Performance... and uncheck Use Graphics Processor. Restart Photoshop. Does the problem persist?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 11, 2022 Sep 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello,

since updating photoshop to version 23.5.0 20220809.r.669 0e07917 x64 the problem seems to still be there, so was fixed (by unchecking the "use graphics processor" option).
Option always unchecked with the new version.
My computer seems to be working fine, other than this issue.
Can you help me ?

Thanks in advance.

Jean Michel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines