Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to open downloaded file formats

Engaged ,
Apr 25, 2022 Apr 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

Macbook Pro, latest Mac OS and Photoshop software.

Please see the screenshot here bellow.

Very often when I download a file from Internet, say actions or brushes from certain website, I get these file formats (see screenshot). When i double click on them I get these pop up dialogs (see screenshot) that ask me to drag a file on it. Ive draged and dropped the downloaded files in question onto that dialog, but nothing happens.

Can someone please advise what these files are and how to work around them, because I can never open them. Is there a way to choose a different foemat when before clicking on a download source, or, is it something in computer preferences I need to change?

456.jpg

 

245.jpg

 

  

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Engaged , Apr 25, 2022 Apr 25, 2022

I just deleted the the app and I am able to open the files now in photoshop. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What app is shown in the second screenshot? That's not part of macOS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

245.jpg

 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I just deleted the the app and I am able to open the files now in photoshop. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Brushes and Swatch files should be Imported, not double-clicked like an image file.

Here's how: https://www.howtogeek.com/663111/how-to-install-brushes-in-photoshop/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines