Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to open .pdf with bates numbering on Mac

New Here ,
Jan 20, 2023 Jan 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looking for help from the community:

I'll routinely add bates numbers to documents in Adobe and save the document.  I can re-open the documents on the computer I created the edited pdf on, but I have another Mac - desktop - that will not open a file that has had bates stamped added.  The "non-opening" Mac only has the basic Adobe installed and will open all "non-edited" pdf's without issue.  I don't think only having the basic Adobe installed should be the issue though - a .pdf is a .pdf? I'm sure there is a simple answer, but so far I'm unable to find it.

Any thoughts on how to resolve?  When I save the .pdf with bates is there a different way to save it that will allow it to open on the other machine?

Thoughts?  

Thank you.

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What application are you using to reopen the Bates numbered pdfs on the "other" mac?

An application other than Adobe Acrobat?

What version of macOS and versions of the adobe applications are involved?

Do you get an error message?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

quoteonly having the basic Adobe installed 

By @Rives280342288rcf

Adobe is a company, publishing many software products. Normally people confuse Adobe with the product Acobat. Is that also the case here?

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The content of your pdf shouldn't matter but there are different versions of pdf files.

Are you using Preview or Acrobat Reader to open those files? Do you get an error message? What version of macOS and Acrobat do you have?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines