• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to open Photoshop and unable to uninstall photoshop.

New Here ,
Jun 05, 2021 Jun 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried to open Photoshop today.  I have the full Adobe Cloud services and supposedly 55 programs.  Whne I tried to open Photoshop today I get an error message that says this;

<The code execution cannot proceed because MSVCP140_CODECVT_IDS.dll was not found. Reinstalling program may fix this problem.>

When I tried to uninstall it brings up the Adobe Cloud App but it will not open...the small whirling circle just goes on and on and on....

I tried calling Adobe but a message comes on telling me to go online and get support there...and then the call ends.  I try to use the support page and the chat but I get a message telling me I am connected with someone, giving me a name and to state my problem... however there is no place to enter text.  None of this ever happened before.

I tried to reinstall the Adobe Cloud App but when I double-click the executable I get the same whirling circle and the white screen stays blank.  It will not open.

I need help.  and if this is how Adobe is now treating its customers, of which I have been for well over twenty plus years then this will definitely be my last year when My yearly subscription is up.

The problem remains that I cannot open any program with the cloud and I am unable to get any of it off my computer.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's a MS Windows errror.  Did you update Windows lately?

And have you updated your drivers from the manufacturer's sites lately?

Please ensure your computer meets or exceeds the minimum system requirements to run Creative Cloud + OS + all other apps you use. Check each one.
- https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/system-requirements.html

Pay particular attention to Photoshop's new GPU requirements. See links below.
- https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/system-requirements.html
- https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/photoshop-cc-gpu-card-faq.html

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My windows 10 is up to date.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Refer to this:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/topic/the-latest-supported-visual-c-downloads-2647da03-1eea-4433...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just want adobe off my computer.  I am tired of this.  I am unable to uninstall any of the programs as they only bring up the cloud desktop app and it won't open (which is the problem at the top of this thread) and I cannot uninstall the cloud desktop app as it says I have programs that are dependent upon it.

I will end my subscription this October...after over thirty years of being an Adobe customer and Photoshop user.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't blame the software.

Your computer is missing the Visual C++ runtime from MS.  This is NOT rocket science. But if it's outside your wheelhouse, ask a computer savvy friend or family member to help you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have Visual C++ installed.  Thank goodness I don't need to be a rocket scientist because at 72 years of age it would be too high a climb for me.

But I have found a third-party software that allowed me to uninstall all my Adobe Cloud applications so I am a happy camper.  Now I just have to remember to unsubscribe within 30 days of the end of my current year's subscription.

Thank you Nancy for taking the time to reply to my frustrated thread.  I do not mean to shoot the messenger but to be honest I feel a bit cheated by Adobe ever since it went to the subscription format.  So to have to deal with issues that might require me to get a "computer savvy" person to help me get a program to open, especially one that "ALWAYS" opened before, I will happily not look back nor miss Adobe at all.

Thank you again for your time and attention in replying with your suggestions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

=============
Beware of fake Adobe reps who may contact you privately offering to sell you software or take control of your computer. It's a scam, run away!
=============
3 Easy Ways to Identify Genuine Adobe Staff
https://tinyurl.com/10791730

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines