Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to open Photoshop document "not a valid Photoshop Document"

New Here ,
Sep 13, 2022 Sep 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am struggling to open almost all of my slightly older files on my Adobe Programs.

When I try to open them I recieve a message saying "Could not open Untitled.psd because it it not a valid Photoshop Document." These are all documents saved previously from Photoshop. 

I am also unable to upload the files to this post, I keep getting an error message saying "Correct the highlighted errors and try again. The attachment's untitled.psd content type (application/x-photoshop) does not match its file extension and has been removed." I have attatched screenshots.

I am using Photoshop v 23.5.1 and macOs Monterey version 12.5.1

How do I go about fixing this problem so that I am able to access my files?

Thanks in advance!

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Start by removing the special characters from your file names (´).

Next, make sure Photoshop is listed in Mac OS system preferences/Security and Privacy/Full Disk Access.

Lastly are you certain these are .psd files and not another format .tif, etc. and the extension was changed outside of the application?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Im almost certain they are the wrong extension and were not saved as .psd from the save window rather renamed with .psd added to the end. That would also explain why the forum will not allow you to upload it with the wrong extension.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines