Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to Purge Cache

New Here ,
Mar 30, 2021 Mar 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I keep getting the message that my scratch disks are full. However, when I go to Edit > Purge, the only option I have is Video Cache, the rest are grayed out. The forums tell me that means that everything is already deleted. I clicked Purge Video Cache, but I still receive the message that my scratch disks are full and I can't find a solution to this here on the forums.

I use a Macbook Pro, if that helps, and I just updated Photoshop to the most recent update.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Mar 31, 2021 Mar 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, how much free space is there on your primary Scratch Disk? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 31, 2021 Mar 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 07, 2022 Jul 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the SAME exact problem which makes no sense because my computer is less than a year old and has 1tb. Need a solve for this pls! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 07, 2022 Jul 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 08, 2022 Jul 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Scratch disk is not a Photoshop setting. It is real, physical disk space, and you need to have enough of it.

When you open Photoshop Preferences > Scratch disks, how much space does it report? Just screenshot the dialog and post it here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 08, 2022 Jul 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2022-07-08 at 1.28.02 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 09, 2022 Jul 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It might be time to invest in a dedicated Scratch Disk. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 09, 2022 Jul 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, 700 GB should be enough...so there's no reason for any scratch disk messages here. This must be some Mac-specific issue.

Unless you've accidentally specified some outlandish image size, like 5000 inches at 300ppi instead of 5000 pixels?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 12, 2022 Jul 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

no, i was working on something for ig so nothing more than 10x10 in. Do you have any advice from where to take it from here? But also isn't it weird that it doesn't even give me the option to purge all, instead it's greyed out? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you please post screenshots with the pertinent Panels (Toolbar, Layers, History, Options Bar, …) visible? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

not 100% sure if this is what you're asking for but this is my PSD screenScreen Shot 2022-07-12 at 11.30.51 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines