• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to Remove Lorum Ipsum Despite Going to Preferences - Type, etc

Community Beginner ,
May 01, 2022 May 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suddenly for the first time ever have this stupid Lorum Ipsum in a photo I edited tonight. I did the recommened steps of going to Preferences - Type - Deselect Fill New Type Layers w/ Placeholder Text.  It did not work for me. Is there any other solution? I spent a lot of time on this image and really don't want to do it over. Thank you in advance. 

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why can't you edit the text layer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have no idea how to remove it or edit it. I am no expert at all. I just
need to know step by step how to delete it aside from what I already tried
that did not work as I posted in the initial post.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I finally simply deleted the layer after Jane advised how to do. Thank you. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The preferences will only affect how the feature works in the future, not what's happened in the past. You'll need to edit the text that has already been created. If you're having problems editing it, look in the Layers panel for that Type layer.

— Adobe Certified Expert & Instructor at Noble Desktop | Web Developer, Designer, InDesign Scriptor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The preference just sets whether the placeholder text will appear in new text layers. That is a choice and, rather than being 'stupid' can be useful when you don't yet have the actual text. 

It is though just placeholder and will be overwritten when you edit the layer and add your real text. Assuming you still have layers and have not flattened the Image, which is never advisable on a master document, then you have lost nothing.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not need text In the image. I never added text and have no clue how
that got in there. I need it deleted. So how do I do that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@djtphn123 wrote:
I do not need text In the image. I never added text and have no clue how
that got in there. I need it deleted. So how do I do that?

There is only one way for it to get there, and that is to click on the canvas with the Type tool and accept the text. Look in your Layers panel, as this creates a Type layer. Delete the layer. (Trash can or right-click.) If you don't see it, show us a screen shot of your Layers panel.

Before Adobe added this placeholder text, I would often see beginners accidentally create 10-12 new type layers, all blank. Having the placeholder text is a visual clue that you have created a type layer, so I like it.

• If you create a Type layer accidentally, you can cancel in the options bar OR accept it and immediately Undo.
  • If it's on purpose, the placeholder text is selected and does not need to be deleted first — just start typing to replace the selected text. 

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Jane. That worked. I don’t know why I didn’t think of that but I
appreciate your help!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@djtphn123 wrote:
Thank you Jane. That worked. I don’t know why I didn’t think of that but I
appreciate your help!!

You're welcome @djtphn123 . I'm glad you were able to delete the layer.

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. I fixed it thanks to all of you! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines