• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to resize after using Liquify

New Here ,
Sep 15, 2021 Sep 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Heyo, I primarily edit photographs in Photoshop, and liquify is my go-to for fixing a lot of issues big or small. I also resize my subjects within the frame by duplicating the background layer, then dragging the transform controls to resize, adjust the angle, etc.

I've found that if I use liquify, I can no longer "grab" the transform controls. They are there, auto select is off, my mouse cursor changes when I hover above them (showing the available directions for that transform point), and I am still able to use my arrow keys on my keyboard to nudge the layer. I can also flip and rotate 90 degrees under edit>transform. I just can't move the layer or object (it happens with other projects as well) using my mouse and the transform controls.

I often have several images open at once, which does make this a rather annoying issue as I have to edit the rest (unless they also need the same treatment), close photoshop, then go back to lightroom, figure out which images still need edited, then open them again in Photoshop. 

I recently upgraded my computer which is lightning fast so I know that isn't the issue. It's a bug that I was experiencing on my old device as well and one of the reasons I decided to upgrade. 

I don't always remember to liquify last, so this bug can be quite annoying and slows down my workflow. I am tired of trying to delete my preferences and re-installing all of my actions, resetting my quick keys the way I like them, etc. The issue does not go away, and is happening on multiple devices.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Sep 15, 2021 Sep 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, please try to check "Deactivate Native Canvas" in the menu Edit/Preferences/Technology preview (Pc) or Photoshop/Preferences/Technology preview (Mac) then restart Photoshop.
This is not a fix, but rather a way to check if the issue appears only with the new technology, and should be reported to the Ps team.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 13, 2022 Mar 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for replying - I apologize for not seeing this sooner, I assumed I would receive a notice if someone replied! 

I did try this, and the issue still appears.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines