• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to save a GIF from Photoshop

New Here ,
Feb 25, 2022 Feb 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been trying to convert a video into a gif on Photoshop. However, when I go to save for web > export as gif and click save, I receive an error message that the operation cannot be completed due to memory. I have 50GB of storage available on my Mac, and 1.5 TB of storage available on an External Hard Drive. I have tried exporting to both my hard drive and straight to my desktop. 

I am on Photoshop v23.2.1

On macOS Monterey 12.2.1

My computer - 

13" Macbook Pro 2019

1.4 GHz

8 GB memory 

I have read previous threads regarding this issue, but have not seen any from 2022 or using this latest version of Photoshop.

These are the fixes I have tried that have been recommended -

-Restarting Photoshop

-Resetting Photoshop preferences

-Giving Photoshop additional access in the system prefrences on my mac (under privacy & accessibility)

If there are any other possible solutions to this, please let me know. 

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Nov 23, 2022 Nov 23, 2022

Go to Photoshop- Prefrences - Image Processing and change it to "Cloud" and "More Stable"

Restart photoshop and try again. Its the only thing that has worked for me when nothing else did but I was finally able to export a GIF

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you please post the exact error message given by Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 25, 2023 Jul 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshot 2023-07-25 at 11.18.30.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have this problem ....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It says "Could not complete this operation. There was not enough memory available."

Screen Shot 2022-02-25 at 6.18.42 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 26, 2022 Feb 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may actually be out of memory if you only have 8GB of RAM. Can you post the PSD you're having trouble saving the GIF from?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 27, 2022 Jun 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,
I have the same exact error, not enough memory to complete the operation, when saving for web a GIF 128 dithered.

I have 16 GB of RAM, and plenty storage 800 GB left. Updated photopshop to the lates CC version, and I do not know what else to do...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 18, 2022 Aug 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also experiencing the exact same issue, haven't incurred this issue before, sometimes simultaneously exporting out of after effects in the past... strange now it's become an issue. Can't export gif under any export settings if exporting out of save for web. Really could use some help here. Have tried all the fixes suggested by OP of this article.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 09, 2023 Oct 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't believe this issue has to do with RAM now as I just added 32 more GB of RAM to my iMac 2 weeks ago and I am still getting this error message. Also cleaned up a lot of storage leaving 175GB of free storage available. Not sure why this is a constant issue when exporting GIFs. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 18, 2022 Aug 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What percentage of available RAM are you giving Photoshop in Photoshop > Preferences > Performance?

I dropped mine down to 50%, as I'd jacked it up to 70% for some past project. Dropping it back down allowed a large GIF export from an MOV file under Save for Web to be successful. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 07, 2023 Feb 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 02, 2023 Aug 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem. My allocation was at 96% and had 50gb of harddrive space available. I purged all memory through Edit>Purge>Video Cache & All.

I changed my memory allocation to Photoshop from 96% to 100% and it worked!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 11, 2023 Nov 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I gotta stop making such big images, 64 gigs ram, but it worked after the memory change. TYVM.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 29, 2022 Aug 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

likewise. Why are these issues happening now?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 20, 2022 Oct 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you find a solution? I am having the same problem. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 20, 2022 Oct 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope... still the same issues incurred.

have now resorted to using an online gif compressor to convert MP4/mov assets from after effects to a GIF. Pretty annoying to have no solution on it, as I've done just about everything I can think of. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 23, 2022 Nov 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go to Photoshop- Prefrences - Image Processing and change it to "Cloud" and "More Stable"

Restart photoshop and try again. Its the only thing that has worked for me when nothing else did but I was finally able to export a GIF

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 09, 2023 Feb 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

giphy

Thank you! This worked!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 16, 2023 Mar 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This saved my work!!!!!!!!!!! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! This seems to have worked for me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 03, 2023 Oct 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're a hero I have been trying to fix this for a stupidly long time and this is what worked!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 20, 2023 Nov 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you!! 드디어!!!!!!! 감사합니다~~

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 09, 2024 Mar 09, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

this didnt work idk what to do i need this too work!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 07, 2022 Dec 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What website did you use? I'm having the same issue and have tried everything, have more than half my memory free, and still getting the same error message.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 18, 2023 Sep 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

u are amazing

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines